Chapter 3

And like that, my first speedrun began.

While sprinting through the oak forest, I collected wood and some raw meat along the way. I made sure to keep an eye out for the three boys knowing their compasses led them to whoever was closest while I made a crafting table.

I crafted a wooden sword and pickaxe before breaking the crafting bench and heading into a small cave.

"Where did y/n even go? She's so sneaky for this being her first speedrun," cried George.

I mined enough cobble to make a stone sword, axe, pickaxe, and two furnaces. The entire time, I was thinking: where the hell did Dream go? My questions were answered when Dream's player model came up from behind me making me gasp.

Dream laughed at me before turning back around towards the entrance of the cave and punching the air, signalling he wanted me to follow him. I grabbed some coal before we made it out and I followed him all the way out of the forest and to a village.

I had watched enough of Dream's videos to know what to do next. I found the iron golem and hit it once I was three blocks above it. It dropped five iron ingots displaying the 'Acquiring Hardware' achievement in the chat upon picking them up.

"What?" screamed George in his English accent, making it sound more like 'whot', "How did she already get iron?"

Dream laughed as he made his way to me and handed me half a stack of bread he had crafted from the hay bales scattered around the village. "Let's go. There's nothing else here and we should leave before they find this place," Dream advised, then running off further into the oak forest. I followed close behind just to stay safe in case the boys somehow did find us.

"This place? Now what does that mean, Dream?" Bad asked.

"I think they were in a village," replied Sapnap.

"Ohhh, that makes sense why y/n got iron so fast. She killed an iron golem," George piped in. Damn they were smart, but I'm pretty sure Dream was smarter considering the amount of times he'd beaten them in these kinds of videos.

Dream led me to a cave where we quickly mined and smelted the bits of iron decorating the walls of the cave. After a couple of minutes of smelting all the iron in the two furnaces I crafted and a smelter Dream had taken from the village, we had enough to make us both chest plates and boots, plus a bucket for each of us.

"Guys, look," Bad had caught not only the attention of his two team members, but also mine and Dream's. Both of us crouched at the same time and looked up towards the stone ceiling of the cave. For a split second, I saw a name tag but it disappeared as soon as I saw it.

I wondered if Dream had seen what I saw, "Did you see that?"

He whispered, "Yeah, come over here." We crouched all the way over to a small lava pool that earlier he had deemed was too small to make a nether portal out of and he scooped some lava using his bucket. He crouched back over to where we previously were and placed the hot liquid on the floor before repeating the process three more times to evenly cover the entire floor without touching our two-block-high hole in the wall that was a block above the lava. "Stay behind me," Dream instructed me.

I could hear blocks being broken above us, "Dreeeeeeam~, Y/nnnn~ ," George called in a singsong manner. "Where are you?"

"Guys be careful they could be in full iron," Bad warned them. The three of them got closer and closer and I could hear them breaking even more blocks overhead.

Suddenly, the sound of what could only be somebody burning in lava resonated through my headset.

"AH! I'm burning!" Sapnap had dug down right above where Dream set his trap. And as Sapnap was attempting to dig his way out of the forbidden liquid, he accidentally broke the only block that Bad had to keep himself from falling, and sure enough, he fell in too.