Chapter 4

And there on my shoulder.

Was a massively fresh and grotesquely purple bruise.

Darn that cat for moving my jacket. "Oh this? It's nothing. I just bumped into the doorframe." I made sure to pull the jacket back over my shoulder to stop him from getting a closer look at it.

"The.... doorframe?"

"Yup."

"Y/n, you don't expect me to believe that, do you?" I knew he wouldn't believe me but what else could I tell him. 'Oh yeah, I make my boyfriend mad and he can't really control himself when he's mad so sometimes he lashes out at me but it's okay because he loves me. And surprise! I have a boyfriend'

Yeah, no.

"Well believe it honey because that's what happened." If he found out I was lying to him this whole time, then he'd definitely stop talking to me. And I'd go back to being that lone streamer with no actual friends.

"Y/n, please. I'm your friend now. I know you haven't known me for that long but I'm always here for you. If there's anything you want to talk about-"

But I cut him off, "Look Dream, I said I hit myself and that's how I got the bruise. You can stop worrying now. I'm fine. Look, I have to go. I'll text you later." He had started saying something but I hung up before he got the chance.

I threw myself on the bed and felt a tear slip down my face. It was all my fault. I was the reason I had no friends. I shut everyone out all the time and I got mad when anyone tried to pry into my business. But I didn't want them to think bad about Jake. No matter what he did, he was still my boyfriend and he loved me. He told me that he would always love me, even if I was all alone.

And I guess I believed him.

I felt sick to my stomach. I didn't want to eat lunch or dinner. I didn't want to do anything. I shouldn't have blown up on Dream like that earlier. He probably hates me now.

I wanted to text him. Tell him I was sorry. Tell him I didn't mean it. That he was right. It wasn't a door frame. But my nerves got the better of me. And my phone remained at my desk. Untouched.

I got the energy to put my favorite show on the TV in my room. And for two hours, that's all I did.

But deep in the back of my mind, I couldn't get the thought of what Dream was thinking about out of my head. For two whole hours after I hung up our call, I thought to myself. Would he ignore my text? Would he text me back? I wouldn't know for sure unless I tried. After a couple minutes, I mustered up enough courage to text him.

Me: hey... i'm sorry about earlier, i shouldn't have blown up like that, i understand if you hate me right now, but i just wanted to say i'm sorry :(

I laid my phone on my lap and went back to watching the TV. I checked it a couple seconds later. No response. I checked it twice. Nothing. It felt like forever since I had sent the text. I checked the time.

7:34 p.m.

It had only been two minutes. Great.

I tried to keep my mind on my show, but thoughts kept creeping into my mind. He didn't want to be friends anymore. Why would anyone want to be associated with someone who lashes out at everyone? It's the reason I lost those close to me. I haven't even seen my family in months. The only person I have now is Jake. Without him, I'd be all alone.

Then came a ding from my phone. I hurriedly unlocked the lock screen and checked the message.

Dreamy: It's totally okay. I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have pried, it wasn't my place. I mean what I said before about always being there for you.