Chapter 6

"Dream?!"

"Hey there, angel."

I swung open the front door and practically tackled Dream to the floor. He grabbed onto the open doorway with his right hand and held onto me with the left to keep us from toppling over. Once we were steady, he wrapped both his arms around my waist while mine were around his neck, with my face in his chest. He had a comforting aroma like that of lavender and heady wood. It was intoxicating.

I looked up at him, he was a good foot taller than I was. And George didn't lie. This boy had long, wavy hair that was just a smidge darker than blond. He had these piercing green eyes that were decorated with hints of hazel. I could stare into his eyes all day. And my god, the freckles. They were splattered all around his face in the way one would describe the stars in the sky, plentiful and always a pretty sight.

I couldn't help myself but stare. And he stared back at me with those kind eyes of his. His lips curved upwards as he leaned down to place a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

"H-how do you know where Nick lives?" I couldn't stop the stutter from being evident when I talked. Dream let me go and I did the same, leading us into the apartment, locking the door, and sitting with him on the couch.

"Remember when I said I had a surprise for you? Well, as it turns out, I started planning my trip here as soon as Sapnap picked you up. I didn't want you to feel alone, so I came to help," he shot me a toothy grin that reached from ear to ear. "I just asked Sapnap for his address and he let the secretary downstairs know that I'd be coming." He put in so much effort just to make sure I was okay. Just the feeling of knowing that made me get butterflies.

Then came a voice from above us, "Good morning, guys. Didn't know you'd be up so early." Nick yawned and stretched his arms above his head. He rubbed his eyes in surprise, but not at the elephant in the room which was Dream, but instead at something else. "Y/n, did you clean my apartment?" He looked at the kitchen, "And wash the dishes?"

I looked down in an effort to cover the faint, rosy tint on my face. Maybe I shouldn't have messed with his things. "Yeah, I figured it was the least I could do for you letting me stay here. I'm sorry if I messed anything up."

"Y/n, thank you. I have to admit it was getting a bit messy so I appreciate it," Nick gave me a sincere smile as he sat on the other couch next to ours. "So breakfast. Who's down to go to Grace's and eat some pancakes!"

Both Dream and I agreed and headed to my room. He sat on the bed while I sifted through my backpack. I took out the pair of torn jeans I had packed the night before. I guess I'd just wear the same jacket as yesterday since I didn't bring an extra shirt. Dream noticed me staring at my jacket and practically read my mind.

"Here." He dug through his own black backpack that he brought from home and handed me a plain white t-shirt. It was definitely a couple sizes bigger than my normal size but I took it anyway.

"Thank you," I gave him a small peck on the cheek and ran out of the room, leaving him dumbfounded with a small blush creeping on his cheeks. I changed in the bathroom and ended up tying up Dream's shirt into a knot in the center of my stomach to keep it from reaching my thighs.

I looked in the mirror above the sink. My hair, which was previously put in a bun, was now extremely messy with hairs sticking up all over the place. I was too tired to do anything else to it so I just redid the bun and walked back to the bedroom. Dream was dressed in one of his own merch hoodies and some black pants.

"Looking good even with my shirt, angel." Dream winked at me making the blood rush to my face.

By this point, I already accepted the fact I was developing a crush on this boy. And I hoped he felt the same way about me, but then again it could all have been platonic flirting. I didn't want to confess my feelings just yet. What if I poured my heart out and he didn't feel the same way? I just wasn't ready.