Chapter 12

Was it too early to say I was in love?

__ 

I was the first to wake up, unable to move as my body was engulfed by Dream's. I was facing his chest and looking up allowed me to see what he looked like while asleep. It seemed he hadn't moved an inch since last night, arm still around my waist, almost as if scared I might disappear at night while he slept if he let me go. 

I placed a light kiss on his freckled cheek in hopes not to wake him. But sure enough, his eyes fluttered open. 

"Good morning, beautiful," his husky morning voice greeted me. It gave me butterflies just listening to his deep voice. 

"Good morning," I replied with a giggle. His half opened eyes looked into mine, and I admired the intricate colors decorating his irises. He leaned forwards and gave my forehead a peck before pulling me close to his clothed torso, hugging me tight. "You don't think they know this time, right? George and Nick?"

"Nah, George isn't smart enough for that. If Sapnap had walked in then I'm pretty sure he would've figured it out, but George is dumb and colorblind," I laughed when he added the last part. My stomach growled slightly making us both look down at it, "Let's go downstairs and get you something to eat." 

"I need to shower first," I said, rising from the bed and making my way to the bathroom. Little did I know Dream was following close behind. I felt his familiar arms wrap around my waist the way they had done so many times before. 

"Mind if I join?" I could hear the smirk in his voice and I immediately knew what was going to happen if I did let him. 

I spun around to face him and linked my hands behind his neck, "Clay, honey, we both know how that's gonna turn out." He winked at me, once again making my stomach tingle. "I think we've had enough sexy time for a couple days." 

But the puppy eyes he gave me made me think otherwise. How did he manage to go from handsome and seductive to cute and pouty? I almost thought about letting him join me.

Almost.

I was washing my hair with the shampoo that smelled like coconut and vanilla before immediately screaming after feeling someone touch me. 

"It's me! It's me!" a completely naked Dream calmed me as he entered the shower, joining me. "I figured we'd save water this way." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed for making me scream. 

I rolled my eyes, turning my back on him so he wouldn't see the smile creeping its way on my face. "Fine, but you have to wash my hair." So much for showering alone.

We probably ended up wasting twice as much water with how much we were messing around. Dream had agreed to wash my hair, but halfway through he'd decided he wanted to see what my hair looked like in a spike. Then I did the same to his, turning his long, waves into a spiky mohawk. 

We put soap suds all over ourselves, forming ourselves beards and mustaches. We must have been in the shower for an hour before we finally got out and changed. I wanted to look nice and decided on a white tennis skirt, a brown Baltimore sweater I'd gotten from Urban Outfitters a couple days ago, and some frilly ankle socks because I didn't feel like wearing shoes. I looked over and saw Dream was wearing his famous Gator sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

"What's got you looking like a five course meal?" Dream leaned against the dresser and held on with his hands, his eyes scanning my body almost as if he had x-ray vision. "Those socks are cute." 

I blushed at his words. He really knew just what to say, didn't he? "That's enough, Clay. We've already taken enough trips to pound town. Aren't you tired?"