Chapter 7

"Okay, then. It's a date!"

A date.

Just an hour ago Dream asked me to go shopping with him. Would it really be considered a date? To some probably not. But he said it was. Unless he was kidding. Either way, my hopes of him having feelings for me had skyrocketed .

There wasn't much I could wear. I couldn't get all pretty because all my stuff was back at my apartment. And my makeup was back there too besides the odd lipstick and mascara I kept in my backpack for emergency occasions. The only thing I could change was whether to keep wearing Dream's white t-shirt or change into my zip up jacket. I chose the first.

I got up from my position on the bed and walked downstairs. From the living room, I could hear Nick and Dream talking to one another in exaggerated whispers.

"Dream, my dude, it's not that hard. All you have to do is say it."

"Sapnap, I don't even have the slightest idea of what to wear today. I'd have much less luck on knowing how to confess that."

What in the hell were they talking about? I tried to listen more but Nick tapped Dream on the shoulder and motioned that I was behind him. He turned around, seeing my awkward stance smack in the middle of the room and immediately shut up.

"Y/n? Uh, how long have you been there?" He scratched the back of his head, embarrassed I might have heard more of their conversation.

What were they talking about? "I just came down. Why? What were you guys talking about?"

"Well Dream was asking my opinion on how to tell-" Nick was swiftly cut off by blond boy.

"How to tell George about why we all met up!" Then he seemed taken aback by his sudden rashness. "Uh, I mean, it's all up to you." He walked over to me and lowered his volume, "I didn't tell George anything and even Sapnap knows very little about the whole situation. But I don't want you to feel pressured into having to tell them. Whatever you choose, I'm fine with."

"I already thought about it. They have a right to know since they're helping me out." Dream nodded his head in agreement. "But," Dream looked up at me, diverting his gaze from the floor, "I think it would be better to tell them at the same time. So let's just wait until George gets here."

"Okay. In the meanwhile," Dream clasped his hands together before proceeding, "you and I have somewhere to be." He winked and grabbed me by the hand, dragging me to the door. "You ready? Got everything?"

I nodded and hummed in response. "Have fun, you two! I'm gonna stream for a bit so don't bother me," Nick yelled at us from inside.

In the span of a couple minutes, Dream had dragged me all the way down thirteen floors and out the entrance. He hailed us a cab and gave directions to where he was planning to take me.

The Galleria Mall.

Ten minutes later, we were dropped off in front of the store Neiman Marcus. Dream held the door open for me to go through. The air was fresh and smelled of new clothes and previously tested perfume. All around me, people were bustling about, talking to one another either in person or through the phone. It had been a while since I had seen this many people after being cooped up in my apartment for so long.

"You want anything from here?" Dream asked me as we walked towards the concourse. I scrunched my face at him. "No?"

I shook my head. "This place isn't really my style."

"So what is your style?" Dream raised an eyebrow at me.

"Not sure. Anything, really. Just not.... this," I motioned to the extremely expensive clothing around me and walked over to this one black, basic-looking, body suit. The tag read $335. "Do you see how expensive this is? I bet I could find this shirt at Ross for like two dollars. What the hell?" Turning back around, I grabbed Dream's wrist and pulled him along with me. "And either way, this place is more for middle-aged business women." He laughed and followed close behind me.