fifteen

"Hey, John," you smile at the young adult rummaging through the pistols in the drawers in the gun cellar.

"Oh, hey, (y/n)," he smiles. John's been here since the beginning, you believe. You think his parents were friends of Deanna.

"What you doing here?" you ask, walking over next to him.

"Mine broke. Trying to find a banger. And you?" he smirks up at you.

"Ammo. Going on a run," you shrug, looking up at the ammo shelf right above you. You grab a box of pistol ammo, shaking about 20 into your hand before stuffing them in your pocket.

"I got it," John says, grabbing the box from your hand and putting it back on the shelf.

"Thanks," you smile, turning around.

"Wait, (y/n)?" John says just as you're about to walk.

"Yeah?-" you ask as you turn around, but being cut off with a kiss on the lips. Your face scrunches up as you quickly push him off, backing away slowly.

"John- I'm sorry but I don't- like you like that. And you know I love daryl, you shouldn't have done that," you say, continuing to back up.

"Sorry! I'm sorry, I just- I got caught in the moment. I hope this doesn't ruin things between us!" he calls out as you get further away.

"Yeah, sure," you mumble, opening the garage door and quickly exiting, nearly speed walking back to the house. Once you walk in, Daryl is standing at the kitchen counter, putting ammo into his handgun as he also prepares for the run.

"Daryl-" you call out, your throat feeling like sandpaper. His head turns towards you before he fully turns around, now leaning his back against the counter.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Okay, i'm about to tell you something. And i'm not telling you because it's important, or means anything. Just because it would be weird not to tell you, and you deserve to know. I- um- just ran into John- that young guy. And we made small talk, and when I turned around to walk away he called my name, so I turned back around and he kissed me. It was disgusting, and I pushed him off immediately. And I let him know that's not cool, and I walked out. I just thought it would be something you'd wanna know. I'd wanna know if it were you," you say, letting out a deep breath afterwards. Daryl's eyebrows scrunch together slightly before he pushes off the counter, forcefully trying to walk past you before you stop him.

"Where are you going?"

"To go beat his pubescent ass," he says, shrugging your hand off.

"Daryl, please. Save the controversy. He's just young, probably wasn't thinking. For both of our sake, please?" you ask. Daryl lightly relaxes and drops his shoulders.

"That's the only thing he did?" he asks.

"I would tell you if it was anything else, daryl. I swear," you say. Daryl nods, pulling you towards him and kissing the top of your head.