nineteen

Pt. 2

Daryl leads you down back into the woods, eventually reaching around the same area you first got stuck in.

"Get low," he whispers, leaning down to hide behind a small hill in the ground, a tree also in front of it. You lean down beside him, watching as a few whisperers circle around the entrance of the cave, alpha walking out with a group of walkers following behind her. Alpha and the other whisperers start to walk out of the forest, leading the walkers off to the open field in the distance.

"Are we gonna follow her?" you ask quietly.

"Yup," he says, both of you standing up and carefully following behind, keeping a safe distance between the horde and you. Eventually, the entire group is in the small open field, many walkers lurking in the small area. Daryl holds his knife in one hand, his gun in the other. Daryl carefully aims his gun at one of the whisperers and shoots him, a number of walkers closing around him and digging into his flesh.

"C'mon," Daryl says, running forwards and stabbing another whisperer in the neck. You rush towards another one, stabbing them in the head. You huff as a few of walkers start to close in on you, quickly killing them before searching the crowd for Daryl again. Your eyes widen when you see Daryl stumbling around, many walkers coming towards him as blood travels all down his face from a cut on his forehead. You rush over towards him, killing some of the walkers ready to attack him. You quickly glance to see Daryl sticking a large stick into Alpha's shoulder, yelling, "where is she?!," as he does so. But, just as you turn around after killing the last one coming towards you, you see Alpha lunging a knife right above Daryl's knee.

"No!" you yell, running over to Alpha and pushing her down to the ground. You turn back around when you feel a hand on your shoulder, seeing Daryl towering above you.

"We need to get outta here," he grunts. You look back down to see Alpha has disappeared, nodding as you turn back around to Daryl. You wrap his arm over your shoulder, helping him limp the opposite direction into the forest again.

"Is it bleeding a lot?" you ask, briefly glancing down at his knee.

"No," Daryl says, his voice hitching slightly as he takes another step on that leg.

"I'm sorry. I should've tried to stop her-"

"Knock it off," he says, his forehead still bleeding down his face, trickling down the already dried coat from before. You sigh softly, looking behind you to make sure you aren't being followed.

"Hey, look," Daryl says, using his other bloody hand to point ahead of you, towards a very run down gas station in the distance.

"We'll stop there for a bit," you say, both of you continuing towards it. Once you finally reach the inside, you bring you both over to the back shelf, helping Daryl sit down against it. You sit next to him, carefully wiping your thumb against his forehead, leaving a smear.

"I'm sorry all of this happened to you," you say softly.

"Shh," Daryl hushes, pulling you towards him to lay on his chest. You lay like that for a few seconds until you hear the faint footsteps entering the room, immediately tensing up. You pull away from Daryl, peeking above the shelf to see a very distraught Alpha had just walked in, sitting down on a random chair at the front of the building. You hold your breath as you carefully sink back down, mouthing 'Alpha' to daryl. He sits up carefully, squinting his eyes shut as he does so. Your eyes widen when you hear the constant banging of metal, looking again to see Alpha banging something off of one of the metal support poles. She's trying to attract walkers.

"That son of a bitch is calling them," you whisper to daryl as some walkers begin to enter the room.

"Be right back," you say, quickly standing up.