thirty-three

You follow behind the group of guys heading towards the truck you had all just came back in, watching as they throw their weapons in the back.

"Y'know, it's really pissing me off that you can't give me a valid reason as to why you don't want me coming," you say, Daryl still completely ignoring you as you collects up the arrows to his crossbow. "Who are you to say who can and can't go, anyways?"

"Supposed to be by myself. The sheriff over here locked him up and this piece of shit is the reason he's up there. No need for you to come and get killed," he says, hopping into the back and turning to finally face you.

"Listen, i'm not Andrea who's simply trying to get some field time. I want to contribute, i'm not some helpless girl who can't stab a walker or shoot a weapon and you know it, Daryl. So why the fuck can't i come?" you ask.

"Because everybody i care about always ends up hurt!" he yells, everybody around you going silent as the attention is now just focused on the argument between the two of you.

"Yeah? Well I can't just sit on my ass doing nothing while the people I care about are getting killed! And then when you come back hurt, i feel like i could've done something!" you say, panting afterwards as tears sting your eyes. You and Daryl just stare at each other, looking into his blue eyes as there's complete silence around you.

"Y'know what? Fine. Forget I even said anything," you say, turning back around and storming into the woods until you're completely out of sight. You let out a huff, grabbing your knife from its holster and stabbing the walker heading towards you in the head, continuing your walk. Your favourite thing to do to clear your head was to kill walkers, even if it was pretty gruesome. Something about stabbing their brains out and watching the sons of a bitches who killed mostly everyone you knew die is just so satisfying. You go out and about for at least an hour and a bit before deciding to head down to the river, where the girls would most likely be doing something. You figure there's no point in being useless if you're going to be sitting at the camp like a housewife. When you get down there, —————11like you had guessed, you see the Amy, Andrea and Carol sitting in lawn chairs while they skin fish, most likely preparing them for dinner. 

"Want any help?" you ask once you walk over to them, Carol looking up and smiling at you.

"Sure, there's an extra chair at the end," she says. You nod, grabbing a fish and one of the knives in the bucket, sitting down in the empty seat as you begin to peel the skin off of it.

"You know he loves you, right?" Andrea says after a short moment of awkward silence. You sigh, nodding your head as you continue to tear at the fish skin.

"I know. He can just be such an asshole sometimes," you say, earning a chuckle from the girls.

"Sure, but he wouldn't be daryl if you wasn't," Amy jokes, you laughing softly.

"You've got a point"

"Still, he had what he thought was your best interest at heart. I'm sure you'll both be fine by tomorrow," Carol says. You nod, smiling softly at her as you continue with the fish. That's when you notice Ed walking over, looking slightly angry. You knew Ed laid his hands on Carol and Sophia, everyone knew it. The way they'd have random bruises, and the loud arguing and crying coming from their tent at night. But there wasn't really anything anybody could do. It was their business, and Carol pushed anyone away who offered help.

"What're you doing out here?" he asks, stopping in front of Carol. Carol looks up at him, her mouth agape as she ponders on what to say, even though the answer is pretty obvious.

"I'm helping the girls. Am i not allowed to?" she asks, the anger on Ed's face becoming more prominent.

"The fuck you say to me?" he asks.

"I- I'm sorry," Carol stammers.

"You're gonna be sorry—"

"What the fuck makes you think you have the right to talk to her like that?" you ask, standing up to face him as you toss the fish and knife back in the bucket. Ed turns his head, squinting his eyes at you.

"Last time i checked, she was my wife and i could talk to her how i wanted. Do you have a problem with that?" he asks, taking a couple steps closer to you.

"Calm down," Andrea says slowly.

"Shut up, bitch," he seethes, a surprised look growing on Andrea's face.

"See— I just don't understand why you think you can talk to women like that? Especially you're own wife," you say.

"What're you gonna do about it?" he smirks. You grit your teeth, sending your fist to the middle of his face as he stumbles back a bit, the girls gasping as they stand up.

"Ed, don't," Carol says as he regains his balance, but he ignores her as he punches you in the eye, then again in the lip as you trip onto your back, Ed leaning down over you. He holds his hand on your neck as you struggle to breathe for air, everyone trying to pull him off of you as they shriek and freak out. You quickly send your leg to his private, Ed groaning as he pulls away for a second. That's when you slip out from under him, Shane walking over from where he was with Carl in the river before starting to punch Ed over and over in the face. You stand up, brushing yourself off before walking back into the woods, leaving the mess behind you.

-

"I have to go pee," Amy says, leaving the campfire of people joking around and laughing as she walks over to Dwight's RV. She's in there for a few seconds before she swings the door open, catching everyone's attention again.

"Does anyone have any toilet paper?" she asks before a shriek leaves her throat, you all noticing the walker bite into her arm. Everyone quickly stands up, looking around to see the walkers starting to close in, grabbing their family and slowly backing up towards the middle of the field. You and Shane think fast to start killing them, your weapons already ready and on you. You try to avoid using your gun at first so you walk over to a walker, stabbing it in the head before stabbing the one next to hit. But, you can hear Shane firing shots from behind you as you stop to look around, seeing the disaster of walkers attacking many people in the camp. You scream when you feel the tug behind you, falling to the group as a walker lands on top of you. You struggle against it, finding your knife and about to try and stab it when an arrow goes through it's head. You pull it out, accepting Daryl's hand as he helps you stand up, you handing the arrow back to him.

-

"You get in a fight?" Daryl asks as you both sit in your tent, a single lantern light illuminating the small area as you get changed, Daryl sitting on the makeshift bed as he watches you. You assume he's referring to your beat up face, an eye that's slowly getting more red and a busted lip.

"Yeah, with Ed," you say, pulling on the fresh t-shirt.

"What you fightin' with that dick about?" he asks.

"Kept running his mouth. Treats his wife like a piece of shit. I socked him one. Then i let Shane take care of the rest. Guess it doesn't matter now that he's dead," you say, peeling off your jeans and leaving them in the corner of the tent before sitting on the bed next to daryl. There's an awkward tension between the both of you about the conversation you'd had earlier, and you know how stubborn you both are on who should speak up first.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to piss you off and i didn't look at your perspective," he says, and you seem slightly surprised that he spoke up first. That usually never happens.

"I'm sorry, too. I didn't care about how you felt. I love you, D, you know that. I just get so annoyed and irritated when you act like i'm some little helpless girl who is told what she can and can't do," you say. Daryl sighs, putting his arm around your shoulders and pulling you into his chest.

"From now on, I won't try ta tell you what to do, alright? I know you're strong, jus' get worried a little, that's all," he says, gently rubbing his hand up and down your back.

"Alright. I love you Daryl," you smile, pulling away to press a soft kiss to his lips.