eighteen

"Carol! Shut up!" you groan after she very loudly screams at alpha.

"(Y/n)," Daryl warns.

"Help me up," Magna says, walking over to the rocks as the tries to climb. Daryl and Jerry walk over, helping her feet up as she starts to climb, getting so close to the top before she falls, landing on her back.

"You alright?" Daryl asks, helping her up.

"I almost had it," she groans.

"You're just gon' break your neck. We're gon' have to find another way out," he says. "See that water over there? That's coming from a lake or somethin' outside. We can't be too far."

Daryl walks back over to the edge of the small cliff where the walkers all stand , looking across the rocks perfectly lined up throughout the middle.

"We're gon' have ta jump," he says.

"Really?" Kelly asks, Aaron nodding.

"Daryl, this is crazy," you say, your voice wavering slightly as Daryl steps close to the edge of the rock, preparing to jump over the walkers and onto the next boulder.

"We ain't got no choice. I'll go first. You come after me and wait until i'm at the end. Gotta make sure it's safe," he says, turning back towards the edge.

"Daryl," you say nervously as he jumps to the next rock, just barely catching his balance.

"Oh god," you groan as you back up slightly, covering your face and watching daryl through the gaps in between your fingers. Once Daryl is a few rocks ahead, you take a deep breath and leap for the first rock. You let out a relieved sigh once you make it, standing up and double checking to see Daryl's still alive and jumping. You jump to the next rock, then the next, only stumbling a few times, until you're eventually at the last rock.

"You can do it, i'm right here to catch ye," Daryl says, holding his arms out. You gulp, nodding as you jump as far as you can, but slipping and falling down the rock. Daryl is quick to catch your hand, quickly pulling you up. He backs up as far as he can to let you stand before holding you tight in-between his legs as he leans against the rock.

"Daryl-" you whimper, looking down at the hungry snapping walkers.

"Shh, it's okay now. I got ye. I gotta help the others, okay?" Daryl asks, patting your hair down. You nod, stepping over to the side as you watch Carol jumping across next. You peek into the dark cave thing that you all are all crossing for, feeling the cold rock wall. You look back over to see Carol just reaching the platform, after Daryl helped her, and Magna right behind. Jerry makes his way over, Daryl helping them all at the end. Then, it's Connie and Kelly jumping on the rocks. But, you know they're struggling because Kelly has recently injured her ankle, and there's no way Connie will leave her side. You gasp as Kelly falls after jumping onto the rock after Connie, Aaron killing the walkers behind her as everyone anxiously watches her get back up. You turn away, nervously chewing what's left of your nails as you choose not to watch, waiting until you hear Daryl eventually talking to them, yelling out for them to grab his hand. Aaron makes his way over next, getting to the end without a problem. You don't know how you all managed to do this without a death. Daryl follows Aaron over to you. You turn your head when you hear Kelly scream, seeing a few walkers clawing at her foot that must've been over the edge. Jerry quickly runs over and chops off the walkers arm with his sword.

"Hand me that thing," Daryl tells Jerry.

"Knock yourself out, dude," he says, handing it to Daryl. You scrunch your nose up at the horrid scent, but watch as Daryl pulls his matches out of his pocket, lighting one and setting the arm on fire, almost like a torch.