angel pt 2

(Arthur’s pov )

When Arthur first saw the child she took his breath away. She was perfect. Her eyes mirrored her father’s in their perfect golden clarity. Her loud cries pained him, without thinking he pulled himself away from Merlin's side and moved towards Gaius. Gently he pulled the crying baby into his arms and rocked her, humming a gentle tune. She quieted down and shut her little eyes. He smiled softly when she reached for his finger and held it in her tiny chubby hand. Arthur looked up and was met with a mix of confused and knowing glances.
“What?” he asked, slightly defensive.
Gaius chucked And shook his head “My boy you have done the impossible. Merlin is the only one who can get her to stop cry after she is woken up”
Arthur blushed and moved across the room to Merlin who was looking at Arthur with a look he couldn't identify. Arthur sat beside Merlin and reluctantly offered him the baby. Merlin shook his head. 
“She’s sleeping, it's not worth waking her up”
Arthur looked at Merlin in surprise, Merlin only softly smiled. The rest of the group shared knowing looks. Eventually the sexual tension in the room overwhelmed everyone. Gwain decided to break the eye sex by asking merlin why he hadnt named the child yet. 
“I didn't know if i was going to keep her,” Merlin weakly shrugged. “ after i decided i would it just kept slipping my mind.”
“She is quite the angel” Gwen said softly staring at the small baby.
“Anglica.” Lancelot said, out of the blue.
 Merlin grinned and looked over at his daughter “ it's perfect” 
“Hi Anglica,” Arthur said smiling at the baby . she blinked her little eyes open and giggled. Yeah it was perfect.