Chapter 2: Life at Hogwarts and Meeting Firenze

THREE YEARS LATER...

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry stood tall in the summer's splendor at an undisclosed location close to London. The trees stood in their full glory and the grass were in their bright green stage. The atmosphere of the scene was so serene that nothing could possibly put it to a disarray...

"Thomas!!" Severus and Filch's voices bellowed as they both found themselves on the floor, drenched in mop water. 

A boy's laugh was heard and Snape snapped his head to the corner of the hallway floor he was currently sitting. He spotted the boy in question, his blue eyes of mischief and brown curls practically glaring back at the Slytherin Head's face. "Get back here child!" 

"Nope!" Thomas popped the last syllable of the word before sprinting down the adjacent hallway. The 8 year old boy's legs carried him as fast as it could before he eventually made it to one of the many doors of the school. He quickly opened the door and hid as he heard Snape's footsteps pass. 

Taking deep breaths, Thomas calmed his rapidly beating heart until, "Causing trouble, are we, Thomas?" McGonagall's voice prompted him to let out a yelp of surprise. 

"Oh, Aunt Min," Thomas slumped his shoulders and rested his hands on his knees to continue to catch his breath. 

"How are you Tommy?" she questioned, her voice laced in amusement as she continued sealing letters addressed to the new accepted students of Hogwarts for the upcoming school term of work. 

"Fine, have you seen Hagrid?" the young boy asked as he went and hopped on to her desk, swinging his legs as he watched her do her work. 

"I don't believe I have," she watched him through her tiny spectacles, "Why? Planning on causing more mischief?" 

"Me? Mischief?" Thomas gestured to himself dramatically, "Never Aunt Min...you know that," the boy smiled under the facade of innocence and Minerva chuckled whilst ruffling his curly hair. 

"Of course not!" she went into a drawer and offered the boy a lollipop to which he gratefully accepted, "And I suppose the toads in Severus' bed wasn't you and Albus?"  

"Honestly Aunt Min!" Thomas tried to stifle a laugh threatening to escape, "I would never do such a thing to Severus, he would punish me...Uncle Albus though..." 

Minerva gave an elegant laugh, "Okay little one, run along now!" 

Thomas gave a cheeky smile and went on his way, being sure to wave before he fully exited the room, "Bye Aunt Min!" 

Minerva waved with a smile, "Honestly, you would think Dumbledore would put a stop to his pranks, but no....he participates in them." She gave a small laugh before going back to her assigned job, suddenly Severus opened her door in a hurried manner. He was panting, "Yes Severus?" Minerva tried to desperately hide her smile at his drenched state. 

"The...boy," Severus tried his utmost best to catch his breath. 

"Haven't seen him all day I'm afraid," Minerva watched as Snape slumped against the wall of the door frame. 

"Are you by any chance lying to me...Professor?" Severus seethed, much to Minerva's enjoyment. 

"I would never," she humorously said prompting Severus to groan and shut her door. 

Elsewhere in the castle, Professor Flitwick is seen walking with Albus in one of the many hallways, both of which were discussing the previous school year's competency in charms. "They show much promise, Headmaster...although Fred and George Weasley...those little buggers...They sneaked Thomas into a class last month and caused and explosion!" contrary to his scolding, he gave a laugh.