Chapter 6: Meeting Harry Potter

Soon after coming back to Hogwarts, Thomas and Severus found themselves in Dumbledore's office with Minerva waiting for them already. Albus was seated comfortably behind his desk, "So, Tommy," the great wizard watched the boy amusingly, "Severus tells me that you'd like to go with Hagrid?"

"That's right, Albus," Thomas stepped forward and noted the way Dumbledore flinched when he failed to call him 'Uncle', "Severus reminded me today of why I was observing Harry for the most of this year..." Thomas held his head high, "If you want me to observe and protect Mr. Potter, then I think it's in your best interest that I'm one of the first people from the Wizarding World to meet him."

Minerva looked down, most likely ashamed at the fact that they were subjecting such a task to a boy as young as Thomas, exploiting his lack of family and friends to their gain.

Albus cleared his throat, "I see...well then, if Hagrid permits it, then I see no problem."

Thomas nodded, "Thank you, Headmaster. I'll take my leave then," the brown haired boy turned and was about to leave before Severus grabbed his shoulder.

"Aside from your attitude....remember why you are going in," Severus' tone was cold and his eyes were deathly serious, "You are to make sure Potter doesn't do anything stupid...Do you understand?"

"Yes...Professor," Thomas shrugged off Severus' hand from his shoulder roughly, "If you'll excuse me then."

The three elder wizards watched as Thomas left the room, Minerva was the first to speak, "Albus...Severus, are we sure that this is the only way? Thomas is barely the age of 11 yet...and something as delicate as this--"

"McGonagall, as much as this is....peculiar, it is the only way," Severus reminded her, "Potter is merely a child and will not trust us as easily as he would trust someone of his own position and age," the raven haired man watched the door his student left through, "The boy may hate me, but....if it is for the greater good, then I will gladly accept it...For the debt I owe to Dumbledore."

Severus fully turned now and left the room as soon as he was done, Minerva turned toward Albus now, "Headmaster?"

"The debt that Severus owes to me...is one that he alone cannot repay," the elder wizard got up and held Minerva's shoulder comfortingly, "It is the only way...We can only do so much, so if we must prepare Harry for any danger...then we'll need to know who he's friends with, how well they influence him...and how much the people around him make him take the higher route, the better route....where we failed with Riddle, we will not fail with Harry or Thomas."

Minerva looked down, "I suppose you're right, whatever plan this is, Albus...I hope you know what you're doing...and what you're going to do to that poor boy."

Dumbledore merely nodded and Minerva exited the room, Albus watched the door by which she left. He sighed and in that moment, for the first time in a long time...he looked defeated. 'Who am I?' he released a scoff, 'A so-called great wizard who strives for seeing young children live their lives...and yet, here I am hindering Thomas from doing the exact same thing.'

.....

Thomas is currently adorned in his black sweater, jeans and shoes as he approached Hagrid whom was getting his flying motorcycle ready. The old Harley had two passenger compartments attached on either side, as if he was already expecting Tommy to be with him for the journey.

Feeling the young boy's presence, Hagrid looked back at him, "So? What did they say, aye, Tommy?!"

Thomas smirked, "That if you allow it, we're going on a field trip!"