Chapter 4: "He's Harry-bloody-Potter! THE Harry Potter!"

ONE YEAR LATER....

"Again!" Severus' voice beckoned as he sent a ball of fire toward a slightly taller and fitter Thomas. The boy waved his wand and dispelled the attack his teacher sent his way. Severus continued his approach toward his apprentice and sent a different spell at him, Thomas dispelled that as well. "Dodge!" he sent 'Expulso' towards the boy's direction only for him to roll out of the way.

The two of them were currently outside of their house by the lake side, doing their daily practicing and classes, Thomas had shown great improvement and his expanded arsenal were a testament to that. His hair was now a little longer and he had grown a bit.

"Stupefy!" Thomas cried as he regained his footing. Severus redirected the spell, and shot a scorching spell at the boy whom cancelled it out. They both approached each other now, still shooting spells at each other. Until Thomas eventually pointed at Severus' feet and shouted, "Flipendo!"

Severus face plants on the floor, but before Thomas could fire another spell at him, the professor fires a spell at the boy's own feet, 'Levicorpus!' Suddenly Thomas yelped as he hangs from his ankle, seemingly by the spell.

"Bloody Hell, Severus!" Thomas panted as he sees his teacher/guardian pick himself up from the floor. "Oi! What sort of spell was that?! I've never read about it before!"

Severus dusted himself off, "Silence," Severus let Thomas go and the boy fell to the floor with a loud thud and groan, "That concludes the lesson for today, go get yourself cleaned up."

"Seriously?" Thomas painfully let out as he drags himself up and picks up his intricately designed black wand, "No, 'Good job Donovan' or any 'Wow, you're getting better kid,' you're a real hoot you know that?"

"Yes, well...when you actually earn a semblance of acknowledgment from me...I'll let you know," Severus turned his back on Thomas, "Now, get inside, we're going on a trip today."

"Yeah...Wu-ho," Tommy, very un-enthusiastically, said as he went inside the house to have a shower.

Severus sighed as he looked out at the horizon before him when he was sure Thomas was gone, he dusted himself off properly. Looking down at his wand, he tightened his grip on it, 'He is getting good...'

.....

Eventually meeting him back downstairs, Severus watched curiously as Thomas emerged in his denim jeans, dark blue sweatshirt with the sleeves rolled up and regular shoes.

"I'm ready and uh...are you going in that, Severus?" Thomas asked as he raised a brow at Snape's usual dark attire, "Then again....ever since I first saw you...the whole cape thing was still present and accounted for...."

Severus scowled, "Just shut up and hold on to me."

"Severus, is this your way of asking for a hug, old boy?" Thomas smirked before he roughly yanked by Severus. "Wait--"

The young boy didn't get to finish as both he and Severus apparated to another location. As they materialized in a new location, strikingly similar to a small neighborhood in England, Thomas placed his hands on his knees and hunched over, "Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick..."

Severus' lips twitched for that of a millisecond before he looked forward at a particular house in Pivot Drive. "Suck it up, Donovan...this is merely the beginning."

Thomas groaned, but straightened non the less and stood next to his teacher, his arms now folded, "So...not that I'm complaining or anything, but....is this us house shopping, because....I'm good with we're at now--"

"Would you be quiet?" Severus slapped the back of Thomas' head.

"Alright...Jesus," Thomas rubbed his head, but continued to look at the house.