Chapter 1

3rd Pearson's POV

Morris Kingsley was stronger than anyone, only I would know. Why? He went to school Everyday, smiled like everything was okay, had friends and was popular

Behind that smile was an ugly chapter of a book he would never tell. It was locked up in a room called his heart. Only he would know.

Morris climbed out of the window of the second floor of building A and hopped to the other window of building B, which was diagonally positioned to the window of Building A.

Why did he do that? He wanted to go to the music room, which was located in Building B of his college. Building B was locked, though, so he had no choice but to access it by the window.

It was about 6pm already, the sun was starting to set and he knew he needed to go home by 8. He didn't really care though, he just needed to touch the piano.

He strolled to the music room, whistling. When he was in front of the big blue door, he shoved it open.

"Hallelujah," he sang as he giggled to himself. He plopped himself in front of the piano.

He pressed down on a couple of keys, cringed at how bad that sounded and shook his head.

"Hm, lets go for some sad music today," he whispered to no one in particular and placed his bag on the ground, next to the chair.

He pressed some keys again, trying to stretch his fingers a little.

If you see the boy I used to be
Could you tell that I'd like to find him
And if you see the shell that's left of me
Could you spare him a little kindness

Morris had his eyes closed as his fingers gracefully moved about the keys of the piano.

Cause I've been high, I've been Low
I've spent a thousand nights alone, tryna hold on tight
And feelings come but they won't go
Please won't someone take me home, before I lose my mind

Morris lower lip quivered but he told himself to man up and not cry.

Am I broken?
Am I flawed?
Do I deserve a shred of worth, or am I just another fake, fucked up lost cause?
And am I human?
Or am I something else?
Cause I'm so scared, there's no one there
To save me from nightmares that I call myself

Morris couldn't stop the tears as they flowed down his cheeks. He tried to continue but his voiced quivered every time he tried to sing.

He chuckled to himself, "you shouldn't have chosen a sad song." He chided.

Morris sighed, "time to go home and face the demon." He joked sarcastically. But really, his hands were trembling and his heart was pounding.

He hated to admit, but he was scared. He was petrified. He wiped the tears from his face with his sleeves, picked up he school bag and walked out of the music room.

Again, he jumped from one window to the other and walked out of school. Morris waved to the security guard and thanked him for his hard work. The security guard laughed at him and waved, "thank you son! Take care!"

Morris lived in a big house in a deserted area. He was rich, only because of his mother who sent him thousands of dollars monthly as his allowance. It was a deserted area because his step father requested so. It was dangerously near a red light district and even the cops don't bother about the area here.

Why did he choose this area? Because he was a sick bastard who beat on his wife's son.

Morris has his head down and was brisk walking. Nothing really happened to him for the 2 years he lived here. Honestly, his step father was just leeching of his mother's riches while taking pleasure in abusing his step son.

Morris was suddenly shoved into the alley he just walked past. Someone had grabbed him from the back and covered his mouth and nose. He was inhaling something he didn't know of, but it was making him feel weak and dizzy.

Morris struggled, trying to elbow the man behind him. He failed. He tried to kick him in the dick like he saw in action movies. He failed.

Morris bit the man's hand. The man hissed and released Morris. Without even looking back, Morris sprinted away from the man. He only need to run for 5 minutes and then he'd be safe. He'd be home.

He's not safe anywhere.

In the streets he was running, hookers sat on the pavements waiting to be paid and brought home. Motels were everywhere, barely any houses.

Morris was pulled down again. This time his back hit the concrete floor and he let out a painful groan. He felt so weak, it was definitely whatever he inhaled just now.

The man held him by the neck, blocking whatever air Morris was able to breathe in. Morris gagged and struggled again. He could see black dots forming and he knew it was either he fought with everything he had now or regret everything later.

He used everything he had left but the man didn't move at all, instead, with one hand on Morris's neck, he used the other to touch Morris's skin underneath his sweatshirt.

Morris's breath hitched. "N-no." Morris managed to choke out. "Stop!" He struggled and screamed when the guy fondled with his left nipple.

The people on the streets were doing nothing but enjoying the scene.

Just then, a rich looking car drove towards them. The bawling eyes of Morris met the eyes of someone in the car.

Red eyes were the last thing Morris saw before he succumbed to the darkness.

————————————
Song : Broken - Anson Seabra

Hello! I hope everyone's enjoying the new chapter ehehe! I'll be including lots of songs in this book (mostly form underrated artists that I love!).

Do check out Broken by Anson Seabra, I'll be using lots of his songs because they have soooo much meaning and are soo good!