Chapter 9

I can't. Kai signed. I'm scared.

Standing in front of school never made Morris feel more.. normal. Morris felt as though he was just a normal boy going to school, only worrying about how his hair looked and not about what to do when he got home. 

Morris missed this feeling, but he was sure Kai thought so otherwise. His little figure was trembling in Knox's arms. "Baby, you were doing so well, you can do this." Knox encouraged.

Morris could tell he was on the verge of tears and he wanted to hug him so tightly, like a big brother would, and comfort him. Morris didn't even know what happened to Kai before, but he knew the feeling of fear.

"Hey, we're all here for you now. Same classes, everything." Xander comforted.

I know, but.. Kai stopped signing when he saw someone walked out of a car. "Son of a bitch." Knox cursed, pulling Kai closer to him.

Morris knew who it was though. So did Xander. They knew him all too well.

"Hey Morris," Blake spat out Morris's name as if it was poison. Morris flinched. "I see you've brought company. Boy toys?" Blake grinned when he saw Kai.

His lips twisted into a smirk. He reached out to touch Kai but Knox grabbed his wrist and twisted it before he could even come near to Kai.

Kai was white. Pure white. He was trembling. The only thing that kept him standing was probably the fact that Knox was holding onto him. 

Blake managed to snatch his hands back and rubbed his wrist. "Always so mean, Knox. Must I remind you of the time when you failed to save little Kai from-" Blake was cut off when Xander threw a punch at his face.

Morris tried to hold Xander back but Xander threw another punch again. "You piece of shit." Xander cursed at him. Morris stood in front of Xander and shook his head, attempting to calm him down.

People had gathered around them but they didn't care.

"Leave us alone and I might save your ugly ass from getting beaten up." Knox threatened. Blake's grin grew even bigger. "See you around, Kai, and you too Morris. It's been awhile." Blake rubbed his jaw as he walked away, glancing at Morris.

Morris gritted his teeth. "Bitch." Morris cursed under his breath, then turned to look at Xander and Knox who were desperately trying to calm Kai down.

The people who had previously gathered all moved away to do their own things after seeing the glare of Knox.

"Shit." Knox had cursed as he cradled Kai in his arms. His eyes were wide open, lips slightly parted and he was panting.

Morris identified this as a panic Attack immediately so he knelt down and held Kai's hand before placing it on his once racing but calming heart. Morris heart was beating fast before but he forced it to slow to help Kai.

"Breathe with me please," Morris whispered as Kai stared right at Morris's eyes. Morris's mother always calmed him down like this.

Kai breathed with the rhythm of Morris's heart, finding comfort in Knox's arms and Morris's fingers rubbing his hands reassuringly.

When he finally calmed down, he nodded slowly. Sorry.. Kai signed.

"Why are you sorry, Kai? You did nothing wrong, don't be sorry." Xander pecked his forehead gently.

"Do you know him?" Xander asked Morris, who stood up. Morris nodded, "all too well." He mumbled under his breath.

Xander wanted to pry but the bell rang.

Knox helped Kai onto his feet and they walked to class together. Morris had his head hung low and he cursed under his breath again. He knew having the three of them come to school with him was a horrible idea.

Xander noticed his mate's mood and pulled him closer to him. "Whatever you're thinking, stop." Xander said as he turned to look at his mate.

"Maybe it's not a good idea to bring Kai? Or any of you, for that matter." Morris whispered, feeling horrible about what just happened.

"One reason why we brought Kai into school was because we wanted him to battle his fears. I don't want to tell you too much because I think Kai should be the one to, but he hasn't been the same ever since something happened in school a few years back." Xander explained, turning back to look at Kai and Knox, who were walking in front of them.

"It was what made him choose to be selective mute today. Blake played the major role in causing that, which is why Knox and I get pissed when we see that fuck-face." Xander's face twisted into a menacing scowl at the mention of Blake's name.

"Blake played a major role in making me feel like shit too." Morris thought sarcastically but he kept it in and nodded.

"Kai likes you. I think Knox could tell too, which is another one of the reasons we decided to let him to come to school with you." Xander smiled softly at his mate, causing Morris to blush slightly.

"You're amazing Morris, I'm glad you're my mate." Xander confessed.

Loving Morris was a foreign feeling for Xander, it was not that Morris was unlovable but it was because Xander was never the loyal type. He fucked whoever and hated commitments.

But with Morris, it was different. He didn't want anyone else, everyone else looked unattractive. He didn't want anyone to have Morris either.

It was freaky for Xander, especially because they've just met. But Xander didn't care, he loves this.

Xander's intertwined hands with Morris, Knox holding onto Kai attracted stares and whispers from people around them but the four of them didn't really care as they walked to their first class.