Chapter 4

Andrew was sitting on his sofa, leg crossed, hands swirling a bottle of alcohol. Who the hell swirls a bottle of fucking alcohol?

Morris was kneeling in front of Andrew, trembling. In times like this, he wish his mother was here. She would've defended Morris, helped him, loved him.

"Where were you." Andrew talked first, breaking the silence. Morris flinched at his tone.

"I-I was-" Andrew stopped him before he could even continue with a slap across Morris's face. Morris closed his eyes shut in pain, but didn't move.

If he moved, he knew he'd get slapped again.

"Did I ask you to stutter? Don't speak like a pussy." Andrew sneered down at his step-son.

"My mate found me and he took me back to his place." Morris spoke, praying his voice didn't tremble as much as his physical body did.

Andrew wasn't happy with that answer though, so he slapped the alcohol bottle down onto the table, grabbed Morris by the collar and sneered down at him.

"You have no mate."

Morris looked at him, wide-eyed.

"Nobody loves you Morris."

Andrew stared down deeply into his step son's eyes, his insides bubbling with happiness as he sees the fear and brokenness in him.

"You're destined to live alone."

That was the scariest phrase he could hear. Because Morris was half human, half angel, he never dies until someone stabs him to death or something.

Unless he tries to kill himself.

Morris wanted to cry, really, but he knew crying would only make things worst. His step dad hated when he cried.

"I will live alone and die alone." Morris repeated strongly.

At this point he really thought he will.

Andrew gritted his teeth and threw Morris back onto the ground, kicking him in the stomach.

"Shut up. Nobody gave you permission to talk." Andrew screeched, throwing another punch at Morris's body.

Morris curled up into a small ball under his step father, taking ever kick and punch thrown to him.

Morris didn't cry.

Morris was the strongest. He just needed someone to remind him.

Andrew didn't stop until his phone rang. Grunting, Andrew picked up his phone.

He picked up the alcohol bottle to his lips and drank as he talked in the phone.

Morris sat up painfully, wincing. He was definitely going to feel it even more tomorrow.

Andrew threw his phone down onto the sofa before he plopped himself onto the sofa too.

"Your mother's in the hospital nearest to the airport. Car accident. Seems like it's serious." He said before he brought the alcohol bottle to his lips.

"And you don't even fucking care?" Morris wanted to yell. But he kept his mouth shut, forced himself up to grab his phone.

Only to realise.

He left everything at that kidnapper's house.

He cursed under his breath. He would need to show identification when he visits his mother. He had no choice but to go back.

But how?

Morris decided to just barge into the hospital. He didn't care anymore. He took some money he had in his little piggy bank and rushed out of the house.