Decisions

As soon as Dahlia arrived home, she flopped on her bed. 'What... the hell... just happened?', she thought. She still hadn't fully processed the idea of Charlie. Was Frank right? Was he just trying to "bang" her, or was he a genuinely good guy? She fell asleep while reviewing her memory of the night; her exhaustion knocked her right out.
Dahlia woke up to the sound of yelling next door. She looked at her clock. It read 3:00 AM. 'That must be them,' she thought as she hopped out of her bed and pressed her ear to the wall.
In the apartment next to Dahlia's, Frank said, "She was probably some sort of psycho creep anyway, Charlie! I probably did you a favor!" To that, Charlie responded, "I am so done with your 'favors', Frank! I can think for myself!" Charlie began to fill a trash bag with some of his clothes. Frank shook his head. "What are you doing, Charlie? Let's just eat some cat food and go to sleep." Charlie snapped back at Frank, saying, "I'm going to sleep at the bar tonight. I can't sleep next to a betrayer." Frank followed Charlie as he went to walk out the door. "Don't leave, buddy! You're not gonna let some random broad come between us, are you?!" Charlie stopped and turned to Frank with an angry expression before leaving.
He mumbled frustrated insults as he walked down the hallway and towards the flight of stairs that would lead him out of his apartment building. Dahlia, who had just heard everything that went down between the two men, had no idea what to do; she wanted to help Charlie, but he couldn't know that she lived in the apartment right next to him. That would blow her entire operation! Did that matter anymore? 'Can't I just drop the private investigator mindset for a second and make a friend?!' Her thought made her swiftly get up, put on her trench coat, and run out the door after Charlie. She thought to herself, 'He won't be creeped out when I tell him that I was spying on him... will he?' She stopped for a second as she reviewed the situation. Maybe she was being creepy, or maybe it was an understandable thirst for adventure.
  Dahlia started running again. 'This better work out...'