A Tense Car Ride

As Dennis drove the three home, everyone was silent. However, Dennis noticed Dahlia and Charlie whispering to each other. They kept smiling and laughing. It made Dennis angry. He didn't understand how anyone could be so drawn to Charlie. Distracted by his thoughts, Dennis almost ran into the car in front of him. "Watch out!", Frank yelled. Dahlia grabbed Charlie's hand out of fear and shock, not realizing what she was doing. Charlie looked down at her hand in shock. He didn't quite understand what she was doing, but it was enjoyable. Dahlia soon realized what she had done and pulled her hand away. 'Why would I do that?', she thought. She was so frustrated with herself.
  Charlie became concerned and smiled at her. She worried too much. He almost never worried like that. Maybe they could balance each other out.
  "Don't be an ass, Dennis!", Frank yelled. "We could've died! I'm too young too die!" To that, Dennis yelled back, "No, you're not, you old hag!" Charlie responded, "What's up with you, dude?" Dennis turned to Charlie and gave him a quick glare before turning back to the road and continuing to drive. "Don't... talk to me, Charlie."
  They arrived at the apartment and Dahlia thanked Dennis for the ride. 'What's her game?', Dennis thought. People always seemed to have ulterior motives, but he couldn't quite figure out hers.
  Charlie put his arm around Dahlia's shoulder as the walked up to the apartment. Frank turned to look back at Dennis for moment. He noticed the frustration in his eyes before he drove away. 'Something's gonna go down,' Frank thought to himself and smiled. He loved himself a good conflict within the gang.