Hanging Out

Third person, as usual

Ponyboy was currently sitting in his and his brother Sodapop's room, at his desk per usual, writing in this little journal he kept so he doesn't go insane with boredom. Writing and reading was one thing to grab his attention, but another thing that easily distracted him was his best friend, Johnny Cade.

And what made it even better was that Johnny only lived a few houses down from his, but it wasn't like he could show up there anyways. Johnny has a... pretty hard life back at home, so the ravenette was either at the lot or hanging out with Pony. The two boys both agreed to having Johnny come over to his house that day, to hang out or watch TV, maybe go down to Dairy Queen, whatever sounded fun at that moment.

The brunette always felt pretty bad for his friend, Johnny didn't deserve the parents he has, he could rarely ever go to his own home that he was supposed to be welcomed to; but life didn't go easy on him... The gang always assured the tanned boy that he was welcome whenever, but of course, they always got something like "I don't want to be a bother".

Pony clearly could never think of Johnnycakes as a bother– Oh, and if you didn't know, Johnnycakes is a little pet name the gang used for Johnny; mostly because he was... the gangs pet, per say. Pony used the nickname more than anyone else, but it wasn't like Johnny would complain about it.

The black eyed boy never complained about anything, he's quiet and very grateful for what he's given, and it just made Ponyboy feel even worse. The pale teenager would've loved to have Johnny over everyday, he could never get tired of him, but Johnny's abusive parents would most likely try and sue for kidnapping or something along the lines of that, Johnny just wasn't quite old enough to make his own decisions yet on where he'd like to be.

What snapped Pony out of his intrusive thoughts was a small 'Boo' in his ear, the brunette jumping in his seat before peeking over his shoulder, his confused and annoyed face immediately replaced with a happy and fun-like expression. Pony even swore even the littlest of smiles from Johnny could always cheer him up, no matter the situation, because a happy Johnny was a happy Ponyboy.

"Johnny! Don't scare me like that!"

The gray eyed boy yelled playfully, standing from his seat before wrapping his arms around his seemingly tense friend; but the slightly smaller male wrapped his arms around Pony as well, smiling into the other's shoulder. Ponyboy always knew how to comfort Johnny, even when it didn't seem like anything was wrong, and Johnny loved it.

"Sorry, Pone. Thought it'd be funny to scare ya."

"Daw, it's okay, Johnnycakes. Say, do you want to do anything specific today?"

Johnny only shook his head, he really didn't care what they did, as long as they didn't go around the soc's territory or his home, they should be fine. Somehow, Ponyboy's scent simply relaxed the other, if that made any sense; so he had no problem with staying hugged into the other's chest at all.

"You always say that, Johnnyyy! I don't wanna end up doing something you don't wanna do!"

"You know I don't care what we do. Whatever you wanna do, I'm okay with... except something stupid like going through soc territory."

Pony only chuckled at this, pulling away from his friend only a little and looking down with a a sort of a lop sided smile; raising an eyebrow as if he was planning something that would get them in trouble, which actually kind of worried Johnny a little bit...

"Well then, do you want to go bother Soda and Steve at the DX? I know they're working today."

The tanned boy sighed in relief, it seemed that the taller of the two liked to eh... tease him, in a way? To the point it actually makes him worry what's going to happen?