Night at the Bar

Third person... again... but mostly in Johnny's perpective of things

"Come on, Johnny! It'll be fun!"

"B-But Pony-! We're u-underage..."

Ponyboy sighed as he shifted his eyes to the left, Johnny was right, they were technically underage, but he was sure Dally wouldn't disagree with ordering them some type of alcohol. Dallas was all about bars, broads, and beer, so he'd be the one to get it from or to just ask about it.

"You don't gotta drink if ya don't wanna, but I wanna know what it's like! I'll be fine, honest."

The smaller of the two crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow up at the other as if to say "Are you sure about that?". Pony knew that look from anywhere though, and it always made him smile, Johnny worrying about him was just too cute, but he appreciated that somebody cared about him.

"Fine. One drink, okay? Then we can do something else after."

"...Pinky promise?"

"Pft, of course, you and your promises."

So, the both of them interlocked their pinky fingers to 'seal the deal', Pony pushing himself off of the wall that he was leaning on afterwards so they could get going. Johnny, as always, followed behind as the brunette stepped down his porch; shoving his hands into his jean pockets while he walked.

"Well... what're you planning to try, Pony?"

The pale boy just kinda shrugged, Dally said that beer was always the go to for him, but there were plenty of different types of alcohol that existed - a piña colada sounded pretty nice, but the name might just be a cover up for how strong the alcohol really is.

"I don't know... What do you think sounds good?"

Johnny shrugged as well, the dark skinned male didn't know much about alcohol except that his parents consistently drink wine, and it made them act out, so he definitely wouldn't recommend it; mainly because he wouldn't want Pony doing something like that to somebody else.

"Uh... I don't know either. Maybe there'll be something that sounds good to you on the menu.... Are you sure you want to try it though-?"

"Johnny, I promised I wouldn't go overboard with it or anything. Just one."

"B-But it does sort of... alter your thoughts if you drink. You know that, right? You could end up doing something dumb and not remember... or get in a fight, or get lured in by a murderer, or-"

Pony then turned on his heel to face his clearly anxious friend, taking his face into his hands and just offering a sweet smile that instantly calmed Johnny down; mainly because it warmed his heart, and he knew Ponyboy just wanted him to stop worrying so much.

"Johnnycakes. I won't do anythin' like that. And if I do? Well, laugh at me the next morning then. Just uh, don't tell Darry."

The gray eyed boy assured, giving a friendly kiss to the smaller boy's forehead before letting go, chuckling at the small "Ick." that Johnny had muttered.

"Now come on, the place isn't too far away."

It only took them about 5 or so minutes to get there, but boy, was it busy. As soon as they entered through that door, they both noticed how many people were inside. There were a lot of adults sitting on the stools, some people stood in little group circles, there were people constantly walking around the room, too.

The two clearly underage boys took one last look at each other before Pony shrugged, taking Johnny by the hand before walking into the crowd; not wanting to lose the other in this mess of drunk people.