Chapter 6 - Kaito and the Emergency Quest

After I accidentally assaulted Chris, it took a bit of effort to get her to teach Kazuma a few skills. Our party kinda needed Kazuma to have skills of his own, and Chris was able to strongarm me into letting her keep my money. I thought it was fair.

Since Kazuma only had two skill points, Chris taught him Lurk and Steal, which both only cost one skill point each.

After learning our skills, we returned to the guild hall and found it to be quite lively. Aqua had been performing party tricks ever since we left.

When she noticed us, Aqua asked, "Where have you been? You missed my dazzling tricks. And what's with her?" She pointed to Chris who was crying a little.

"Actually-"

"-She's just feeling down because when she taught Kazuma thief skills, her panties were stripped off, then all the money she had on her was taken."

"Hey! What are you blurting out?"

Darkness explained what had happened before Kazuma had a chance to speak.

Chris then said, "He said giving back his coin pouch wouldn't be enough, so I said I'd pay any price if he'd just return my panties..."

When Chris taught Kazuma the thief skills, she stole Kazuma's coin pouch and challenged him to steal it back. But when Kazuma used Steal, he managed to take Chris's panties.

"But then he told me to decide what they were worth on my own!"

"Hey, hold up! You're not wrong, but seriously, hold on!"

"He said if I didn't they'd be revered within his family as an heirloom from now on!"

The female adventurers in the guild hall gave Kazuma a cold stare. I felt a few eyes on me as well. They must've thought of me as an accomplice to his actions. It was an unnerving feeling that didn't sit too well with me.

"It's true, he was waving it around in the air like it was some sort of trophy."

"Kaito! How could you throw me under the bus like that? And after I won back your money!"

The onlookers whispered amongst themselves.

"-What does he mean by 'won back your money'?"

"-I think he's just trying to cover his own skin."

"-What's a bus?"

It didn't work. I have to say something else.

"I tried to stop him, but he wouldn't give them up until Chris named her price"

"That is a lie! A complete lie!"

What do I do? I can still feel them staring at me.

I hastily thought up an idea.

"Psst! Chris, back me up here..."

A mischievous smirk grew on Chris's face.

"Kaito only encouraged the brute, he was the one who suggested that I give up my money to get it back!"

"What! No! You-!"

I was now sharing the spotlight with Kazuma. Seeing us look helpless before everyone, Chris laughed happily.

"This is acceptable payback for the both of you, right? Well then, I'll be back after earning some cash, so have fun in the meantime, Darkness. I'll find some quests that are available."

Chris headed towards the bulletin board for recruiting members.

"Hey, aren't you going with her, Darkness?"