Chapter Eight

"One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too."

― Friedrich Nietzsche

_______________

Saiki's POV: 

The ticking clock is the only thing heard from this room. For some reason I find it quite odd that despite the endless chattering noise from people's thoughts within 200 meter radius, the only thing I could focus into is the ticking of the clock. I cannot truly comprehend the new information presented to me. 

There has to be a mistake. Maybe because of my meddling with the laws of nature, an Idol, or in this case, the world's renowned singer, can be seen as a normal person outside of concert halls. 

I reasoned with myself and tried to remember my alterations that may explain the situation at hand. 

It was me, Was it? I don't particularly remember

.

.

.

.

"Here!" The girl, now on her third cup of instant ramen, payed the exact amount to the cashier. She skipped towards the hot water section once more and filled the cup ramen with hot water humming a tune. 

She really doesn't stand out that much.. despite people knowing her worldwide, she definitely does not stand out.How? What's her secret? Teach me your ways. 

I hover above the convenience store and seeing through the roof. I might as well observe her for the time being. 

"Mmm! Delicious!" She commented with her mouth full looking all satisfied. 

Good grief. If she really is Shimizu Setsuko, then isn't she supposed to be rich? I heard just how many zero's she makes a month. And yet here she is, enjoying a cheap cup of instant ramen. With just a month of her earnings, I could buy at least four mansions made out of coffee jelly. 

My mouth watered at the mention of coffee jelly. 

'Man... I wish I could eat as many as I can...' (L/N) thought

Wow.. now she's eating with such a weird face on. 

I thought to myself just how observing her made no sense and she seemed normal at least. I decided to observe her outside of school but it seemed too normal and mundane that there wasn't much to observe in the first place. 

Was it because she looked too plain and normal that nobody notices her? If so then I'd like to observe her for her borderline normality. 

'A shit It's almost time.' Almost time? for what? She immediately slurped down her cup of ramen and stormed out of the store. She pulled out a hoodie from her bag and wore it atop of her uniform. 

I decided to follow her as she walked past the crowds to a more secluded place. 

An deadend?This is beyond normal

An deadend?This is beyond normal. Is this where she needs to be?

She stayed there as if waiting for something. She then looked at her watch and stared at it. 'Almost never made it.. Phew...' She signed. This made me a bit confused. There isn't anyone going in this place, or anyone planning to.

'Now.' 

Huh? 

.

.

.

.

"Good morning Shun!" "Ah! (N/N)! Morning! Did you hear? The Dark Reunion is almost close to finding where I am! I must lay low for he time being." Kaidou whispered the last bit at his cousin. (L/N) went with it and looked all serious listening to him ramble. 

"Eeeh? Are you seriously believing him (L/N)-san? He says that stuff all the time." A group of guys snickered and this made Kaidou defend himself. "Gasp! Did you hear what I told (N/N)? It's a top secret! They might be listening at this very moment." Kaidou looked around, suspicious of everything. 

"It's a very dangerous thinking how you think that all things bizarre are a lie when 96% of the universe isn't even visible to the eye. I think that is very ignorant of you." She said politely with a smile that threw off the boys. "W-we're just saying!" "Damn how come she defended Kaidou." "Dude that's her cousin." "Still, we're not wrong anyway." "Shh!"

"Saiki! We need to be extra vigilant!" The white haired boy slammed on my desk acting quite questionable. "Ah! Saiki-kun! I think this is the first time we talked with each other! Thank you for being Shun's friend. I'm (L/N), (Y/N)." She politely introduced herself. 

Strange... I can read her mind and all of them seemed normal. Even the way she acts and behave is normal as well. Then what was that yesterday? 

I nodded at her and she smiled at me. For a split second, she looked above me but her mind was blank. 

Sigh.. good grief.. I don't want to get involved with her. A celebrity in "disguise" isn't normal one bit. Not to mention the chaos that would occur once all this things got out. 

"Ne, Saiki-kun. Would you like to eat with us? My treat! As a thanks for always accompanying my cousin." I almost declined but she added; "I heard there's coffee jelly today! Oh! and pudding as well." This statement made me agree to come with them. 

Kaidou's the one always following me, but oh well, I'll accompany you for today. Just for the coffee jelly. 

"Really!? Saiki!? That's great! My cousin's rich so you can order how many you want." Kaidou beamed when I said yes. "Oh? You coming to the cafeteria partner?" 

Oh Nendou... I didn't notice you're there. 

"Kuh! You buy your own food! (N/N) isn't your personal wallet!" Kaidou started to quarrel with Nendou. "Maa.. maa.. It's fine Shun-chii! I just got my allowance today, and Mom specifically says to treat my friends. And since they're Shun's friends, they are now my friends too! Are we?" She looked at us but I was busy admiring my coffee jelly. "Of course! We take good care of this kid! Right partner?" Yes yes, I'll just agree for now. Let me eat my coffee jelly. 

"Kid!? Who are  you calling kid!?" The kid lashed at the butt chinned highschooler. Laughter then erupted from (L/N)'s mouth as the two argued. 

Maa.. I'll deal with yesterday's incident next time. 

__________________

Yay. I forgot how to write.

thanks, I hate it