☀️ [6] ☀️

"Maybe you can run back to the main road, get hit by a car, come back and tell him that you ran into a pack of wolves and you barely made it but your homework didn't make it - "

Jungkook and Seiwan were walking down the hallways trying to find excuses for the homework Jungkook had completely forgotten to do. He looked up at his friend in disgust.

"Seiwan, what even - "

"What?! It's effective if you think about it! Just a little...painful," she shrugged, unwrapping a granola bar.

Jungkook rolled his eyes as they stopped in front of his locker, "well, it's just the first period. I'll survive...I hope. On the bright side, today we have our first dodgeball game!"

Seiwan groaned at the mention of the game. It had been a week of their new school already. In the previous Ph. E sessions, they had trials of the other optional sports listed on the soft boards across the hallways. This week, they actually got to play.

"I forgot...I would've called in sick..."

"Can't. We have a test on SHM remember?"

"Ugh~ Physics sucks so bad..."

"Today's gonna be so bad..."

"I know," Seiwan pouted as they made their way through the seas of students clustered in the halls towards their first class.

⁛–——–⁕–——–⁛

Jungkook was standing infront of the boy's locker room in the Ph. E uniform, shivering. He was waiting for Seiwan, with his brows furrowed, getting annoyed at her tardiness.

He sneezed for the nth time, before walking over to where the instructor was signaling him. Where the rest of the students were gathering.

"You all remember the teams you were put in, I suppose?"

The students present let out small confirmations, and Jungkook only slightly nodded, not fully conscious of what was going on.

The cold was getting to him, and he knew he was in for a few sick nights. But his athletic ass was determined to play a game of dodgeball that day before he caught a flu. His bones were shaking, and he felt extremly saddened, knowing he was weak at the moment, and probably wouldn't be able to play.

"Cold?"

A deep voice sounded from right beside him, and he jumped, his head swerving to the right.

There stood Kim Taehyung, in the Ph. E uniform, his H.B badge pinned on his chest.

"Nah, it totally feels like a sauna," Jungkook said. He was feeling pissed, and the sarcasm unintentionally slipped.

He heard a chuckle, and Oh God, he might've melted from inside. If it weren't for the fact that Jungkook was already bright red due to the cold, he would've been visibly blushing already.

"Keep on doing that. I almost melted," Jungkook blurted, then suddenly realized what he said - and to whom.

He heard Taehyung laugh, and Jungkook almost squealed.

"Uh... I was - um - joking, you know? Uh...totally not..." Jungkook squeaked, looking away.

Taehyung cut him off, chuckling, "sure, kid, I know you were," Taehyung clicked his tongue, "And by the way, I'm not letting you play in that condition."

Jungkook's embarrassed and flustered aura immediately dissolved as Taehyung began to walk away.

"Hey! Hyung! Come back!" Jungkook said in a highly offended tone, and Taehyung turned back towads him, almost squealing at the latter's furrowed brow and deep pout. His cupid's bow prominent above his lips.