☀️ [9] ☀️

"How do we keep getting into these situations?" Seiwan asked, exasperation evident in her voice as she continued running along the rubbered running track.

"Twelve years of friendship and I still don't know," Jungkook panted as he tried keeping up with Seiwan's footing.

It had been a week after they met Taehyung and Jimin at the cafe, and as predicted by practically everyone, Jungkook had fell prey to a severe cold.

His father was supposed to return from Germany - where he held up the second main intercorps business - two days after the day at the cafe, but had some technical issues which meant he couldn't return until one more week - and which also meant that they had to postpone their promotion party - the gathering.

Jungkook had only returned that day to school after an extended sick leave, and the two had already gotten 5 extra laps because they wouldn't stop arguing on everything the instructor said.

"This is your fault - ,"Seiwan breathed out as they paused at the finishing line for a break before continuing for another 2 laps.

"Hey! How is this MY fault?! If you had just agreed that Peppa pig doesn't HIGH jump into her muddy puddles - "

"Then what the FUCK does she do?!" the rest of the class were doing stretches, slacking off thanks to the punishment these two were enduring.

"Obviously they do LONG jumps into the mud - "

"Bitch, she does run off from ten meters for a LONG jump! - "

"Still your fault."

"No, it's not! If you had stayed sick for just ONE more day - " Seiwan swerved around, her annoyance spiking up as somebody snickered behind the duo.

Jungkook and Seiwan were ready to roast the hell out of the person, when Jungkook groaned, "Oh God, it's him."

Taehyung, Jimin and another boy - Seokjin - were in hysterics, trying not to let out any sound at the same time.

"What the actual FUCK - " Seokjin let out between fits of laughter.

"You two are the WEIRDEST people I have EVER met," Jimin had tears in his and Taehyung was clutching his sides.

"I take it you're not feeling sick anymore."

"What do you want?" Seiwan asked, specifically glaring at Taehyung.

"Why are you mad at me?! These two are laughing too - "

"I'm the one who had to hear this idiot rant an entire week because of SOMEBODY - !"

"SEIWAN! WHY DO YOU - " Jungkook made a strangled noise as Jimin and Seokjin smirked at Taehyung, before getting pulled away by Seiwan.

"Come on, let's get these laps over with - and MAYBE we can finish our debate in PEACE- "

⁛–——–⁕–——–⁛

Jungkook entered the warmth of the library with a satisfied sigh, clutching his backpack closer. His science class had been canceled because the teacher couldn't make it, and the administrators didn't have any substitutes available.

He was pretty tired from all the laps and decided to spend his free time at the school library.

He was a bit nervous without Seiwan, though. He still hated the stares the other students tended to give him, and enduring them alone still made him feel trodden over.

He made his way through a dozen book shelves when he finally found the book he was looking for. Clutching his copy of 'I know why the caged bird sings', he nervously looked around for a safe spot to sit. Somewhere where the other students wouldn't bother to pass him.