•To Like or Not To Like? That Is The Question•

As I start to walk home from school, I pass the gangs favorite Ice Cream place. I debate for a few seconds then decide to go in. I sit at our usual spot and stare off to space, not noticing the guy next to me trying to take my order. 

"What!? I'm sorry. I just had a lot of stuff on my mind and I zoned ou-," I stop talking as I look up at him. A slim, sandy-haired kid with brown eyes. I believe I've seen him around school but I'm not sure. He may be new. "Uh.. uh," I laugh nervously. "Will you stop drooling and order some ice cream?" He says back to me smirking. I get red immediately and look down. "Sorry, um.. can I get a Tobi?" I ask him. He raises his eyebrow. "A Tobi? I'm not sure what that is." 

The owner of the shop, Giro, came out of the back. "He's one of the regulars I was telling you about Kalin."  'Kalin, that's his name.'  "Oh yeah, my bad. One Tobi coming up." "If you saw underneath this table you would know how ironic that is." He turns around and gives me the death stare. "What did you just say?" My eyes get so wide they damn near pop out the sockets. "I was.. I just.. I didn't mean.. I" I close my eyes getting ready to get pummeled but all I hear is a soft, cute laugh. 

I open one eye at a time to see Kalin laughing and partially red. "Omg dude, you should've seen the look on your face!" I start laughing too. Not because of my embarrassment but because his laugh was just so cute and contagious. He turns around, trying to wind down from laughing and gets my ice cream. He comes back, hands it to me and sits down.

"I'm Kalin. And I'm guessing you're Tobi." He smiles. I nod and smile back as I have mouthful of m&m turtle sundae. "Sorry about that.. I sometimes do that thing where I say things aloud that are supposed to stay in my head." Kalin smiles again. "It's cool dude. I do the same thing sometimes. Especially around cute guys." He blushes, making me blush. 'Is he gay or is he just really nice?'  I couldn't help but to think.

"So, you're new? I've never seen you here until today." "Yeah, I just started training in the back a couple of weeks ago and today was my first day taking orders." I can see him eyeing my sundae. "Speaking of which, do you want some?" Kalin gasps playfully. "I thought you'd never ask." We laugh and he grabs another spoon.

"So, you go to Lincoln right?" I ask him. "Yeah, I just transferred there. I'm a Junior." "I'm a Senior." I think for a second, "Wait, why aren't you at homecoming?" He shruggs. "Dances aren't really for me. A lot of people gave me shit at my last school because.." He pauses. "They were just never really my thing." "Why did kids give you shit?" I ask him, really wanting to know the answer. "Because I'm-," The entry bell rings and he jumps out of his seat. "I have to get back to work but stick around until I'm done with this order so we can talk some more and I'll give you my number." I nod. As he walks away, I turn around to see who came in.

It was Asher and Paisley. 'What the hell is she doing here? Asher knows that we're not allowed to bring anyone outside of the group here anymore.'  Long story short, a bunch of kids decided to crash our hang out because Asher brought some girl here and all her friends and their mama liked it and told us we couldn't hang there anymore. We got it back because we've been customers longer and we're more respectful.

Not wanting to confront them again, and having it escalate infront of Kalin, I sneak through the back and leave him hanging. I didn't want to because I really wanted to keep talking and I wanted his number, because I think I kinda like him. Also because I'm so intrigued by what he was so hesitant to tell me. 

I'm not sure if I do or not. Like him, I mean. I just met him. But he's cute, sweet, and funny. And, surprisingly after everything that just happened between us tonight, I think I might still like Asher too. 

Man, I'm all over the place..