•The Ice Cream Kid•

I decided I was going to walk to Devino's and apologize to Kalin for ditching him yesterday. I feel that he deserves an explanation as to why I left with out getting his number or saying goodbye. I'm honestly not sure why I'm making this a big deal but I think I like him and I think he likes me so I want to make sure he doesn't think I'm a jerk.

I don't know if he's working today but I have to give it a shot, right?

As I walk in, some of the employees are cleaning tables. "Hey Gen, is Kalin in?" I ask one of them. She shakes her head. I ask one of the others; they also say no. "When is he going to be in?" They all say they don't know. 'This is so sus. They have to know something.'  I start to walk out when I hear someone call my name. As I turn around I see someone's back go to the freezer area and I follow. 

"Kalin?" "Salve Tobi." I hear in an italian accent and I realize it's not Kalin, it's Giro. "What's going on?" "I heard you asking for Kalin." I nod. "Where is he? Did he tell them not to tell me where he is? Is he that mad at me?" Giro laughs. "It has nothing to do with you amico, he's just off today." He walks to a table and writes something. "This is his address. Mia sorella." I don't speak italian, but over the years of coming here all most everyday, you start to pick up on things. I remember what that means and look at him. 

"Your sister? He's your nephew?" I ask him and he nods. "Why didn't you tell me?" "Didn't think it was important. I know you like him. I'm sure he likes you too. I thought that if you knew that he was my nephew you wouldn't like him like you do now. Correctto?" I shrug. "I mean I did like him, and I still do but now that I know he's your nephew, wouldn't that be kinda awkward?" He shakes his head. "Go and talk to him. I know he would appreciate it." 

He goes over to the freezer and grabs a pint of Tobi. "Here, go to his house and share that with him." I hug him. "Grazie Giro." He smiles. "Prego amico." I start running out the freezer area when Giro calls from behind me. "If you hurt him, trust me it will be awkward." He chuckles and I keep running to his address. Luckily, his mom didn't live far so I didn't past out and the ice cream didn't melt. 

When I got there, I took a moment to catch my breath before I knocked but before I could do that, the door opened. There he was, surprised to see me at his door step. "Tobi? What are you doing here? How'd you get my address? Did you run here?" He bombarded me with questions. Once I caught my breath more , I answered them. "I came here to give you this." I held up the pint of ice cream. "It's a Tobi. And yes I did run here, from Divino's where your uncle gave me the address because he said you were off on sundays." 

He looked even more surprised. "How did you know Giro was my uncle?" "He told me." He frowns. "I told him not to. I didn't want you to be weirded out by that." "But I'm here right, with a pint of Tobi?" he blushes. "Yeah, I guess you are." He steps down the stairs. "There's a park not too far from here, do you want to go?" I smirk and start walking but realize he isn't behind me. I turn around and see him unlocking the passenger side of a Kia Sportage.

"Hop in." I walk back in amazement. "This is your car?" "Yup. Did you think we were going to walk?" he laughs. I get in and he closes the door. "When did you get this?" I ask him when he gets on his side. "I got it for my 17th birthday." "That's so cool. I'm saving for when I go to college, I'll buy a car then."  

"So where are you going, for college?" he asks as he starts the car and pulls off. "Dartmouth. It's an ivy league, in New Hampshire." He laughs, "Yeah, I know where it is. My brother goes there. He's a Sophomore." "That's awesome, maybe he can show me around. It would be good to have some one I know, or someone that someone I know knows." Kalin chuckles. "Don't worry, I'll show you a picture of him before you leave so you know what he looks like when you get there."

"Actually, he'll be here for winter break so you'll meet him and get to know him then." "Great!" I smile. We stop and he turns off the car. "We're here." 

*sorry for the long wait, I got busy (lasy) and forgot about it. but i did start an episode but its not being uploaded yet <3