Chapter 2

Lily's POV

Why did the driver look so fucking familiar? And my ice cream, my poor baby is on the floor, melting.

Stay strong Lils. It was only before I heard the aggressive honking of cars that I realized I was in the middle of the road.

"Get the fuck out of the road woman!" I heard someone shout and honk his car.

"Oh please!. " I stuck out my pinky finger instead of middle one and stepped out of the road.

I went back to the tree and sat there, thinking about what just happened. Why can't I get my mind off that person? He looked really really familiar and he was fucking rude for not saying sorry at least, even though I was the one in the middle of the road.

"Lils! " I heard someone call out for me, I turned my head to the direction of the voice and Tasha was jogging towards me. I drew in a sharp breathe.

"Finally. " I said, getting up.

"You won't believe what just happened today. " I said, when we were finally standing together.

"You met a hot guy and now you're dumping seb. " she said and I rolled my eyes.

"No! What's your deal with him anyway? "

"Nothing. What happened? "

"I almost got hit by a car, and the thing is the guy didn't even come down to say sorry, even though it was kind of my fault cos I was in the middle of the road but still that was really rude and he looked really familiar. "

"Familiar? "

"Yeah, but I didn't see him clearly, he drove off. So I'm not sure. "

"Strange. " she said and hooked her arm with mine. " Let's go. "

"I want ice cream first. " I said, fake pouting.

"Let's go get you some ice cream you big baby. " she said and I grinned.

"Yayyyy. " I said clapping my hands like a child who just got their favorite toy for Christmas.

We got the ice cream and went to Tasha's car and she drove us home.

****

When we got home, I took a quick shower and got on my bed. I was doing this report for my literature class. I don't how long it took, but I was finally done. I arranged everything back into their proper places neatly and it wasn't until I heard my stomach growl that I realized I was super hungry. Foooood!

I made my way out of my room and to the kitchen. My hand pulled one of the cabinets open and I took out a box of munchies. How I missed you.

I poured it into a bowl, I took a carton of milk and accommodated everything in my hands as I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"You got us munchies? " I asked my very very dumb question , walking over to the couch she was seated on and sat beside her.

"No, I didn't. They just got there magically. " she said, rolling her eyes.

"That was lame as fuck. " I rolled my eyes also and she smacked my arm. "What I meant was, when did you have time to get all this?."

"When you were sleeping your lazy ass. " she said and I nodded. My mouth was full of munchies.

"I don't have to pay you right?"

"You don't have to Lils. Its cool. " she said, letting out a soft laugh.

We were glancing at the TV, while I was eating my munchies in silence, when Tasha nudged me with her elbow.

"Ouch!" I said glaring at her.

"Sorry Lils. I wanted to talk to you about seb. " Not this again.

"What about him? "

"I don't like him. " she said pointing out the obvious and I rolled my eyes.

"That I already know. "

"Why are you dating him Lils. You don't even like him. "

"Who says I don't? Of course I do. "

She rolled her eyes. "Oh please, I know you still very much have feelings for Cole. "

And she just had to bring him up.

"Its been a year Tash. It's time I move on. " I said shrugging.

"Tell me you don't think about him. "

I do. I think about him a lot.

"I don't. "

"Now you're just shitting me Lils. "

"So what if I think about him? What if I still have feelings for him? What good is that gonna cost me? I'm never gonna see him again, so what's the point. I like Seb, not the way I like Cole though. But Seb is cool, he's a nice guy Tash, cut him some slack. "

She sighed.  "I don't think he's who he says he is. "

"Then who is he? An undercover spy?" I laughed at my own petty joke.

" All I'm saying is that you should be careful and really think about this. "

"I've been dating him for months and you're just telling me this now? " I raised an eyebrow.

"I did tell you before. "

"I understand your point Tash. Seb is a good guy, I trust him. The thing is you still have the idea that me and Cole would be great together. Remember Tash, you saw him on the hospital bed, you know that I left him. Even though I'm in California right now, there's no possible way we'll see each other again because he's probably somewhere else now. So get that idea out of your head. "

"There's something called fate Lils. "

"If there was, it should have worked by now. " I said, raising my voice a little higher. Why was I getting so worked up?

Because you know she might be right. How well do you trust this Seb? What if he breaks your heart or does something really really bad.

I'll just have to deal with it.

"Everything takes time. "

"Most times I wished I never went there. I got so used to the idea of having him around and seeing him like that really broke me. So now that I'm trying to get my life back on track, without him. You should support me, instead of saying shit about Seb. " I said, keeping the bowl on the small coffee table in front of us.

"I just don't like him, couldn't you find someone better. " she scrunched her face in disgust. Always the drama queen.

"Seb was very persistent. "

"Yeah, to get into your pants. "

"Tash! He's not like that. " I said, defending him.

"How you so sure? " she questioned.

"How you so sure Cole wasn't after the same thing? After all it was only a fling. "

"It didn't look it. "

"But that's what it was. "

"If you say so Lils. Just be careful. "

"Whatever you say mom. " I shrugged, Turning up the volume of the TV.

-------

Thanks for reading❤

Vote and comment

Ilygsm!!!