Chapter 10

Lily's POV

I glared at him before speaking. "What do you want from me Cole? Its been a year, whatever we had was just a fling. it shouldn't matter to you anymore. So why are you here?" I said raising my voice at him, trying to hold back my tears.

"First of, I didn't know you were going here. " he said with zero emotion. "And now that I'm here, I've come to take what's mine. " he said with all seriousness. There was nothing I could do anymore.  The Cole I knew and loved was replaced with this possessive maniac.

I wiped the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes. "I was never yours Cole, get that into your thick skull. " I said and walked away, more like ran away.

I didn't want to stay close to him. I also didn't want him to stop me. I went back to Seb and I hugged him. I felt if I didn't, he would disappear.

He pulled away from me and looked into my eyes. I felt like the worst person in the world. Cole kissed me and I kissed him back.

"Were you crying? " he asked me.

"No. " I said to him. I managed to smile, I didn't want him worrying about me. "I'm fine Seb. You're the one injured. Let's go home and I'll clean you up. "

I held his hands in mine and led him to his car, I took the keys from him and we both got in.

*****
The drive home was very silent. I kept remembering what happened between me and Cole. He kissed me. He fucking kissed me! And I kissed him back. I can't tell Seb, he'll be hurt and I don't want to hurt him.

I feel like the worst person in the world. Why did you come back Cole? I was trying my best to be fine but you came and ruined everything.

My grip on the steering wheel tightened and my hands turned white but I didn't care. Not until Seb touched my hand that I loosened my grip.

"Are you okay babe? " he asked and I looked over it him. The way he was looking at me, I just wished the ground can open and swallow me. I looked back at the road. "Yeah, I'm fine. " I said to him.

"You don't look fine. " he pressed on.

"I said I'm fine. " I snapped at him. Why did I just talk to him like that. He's hurt because of me. "Seb I'm sorry. " I said to him.

"Its fine. " he said and removed his hand from mine.

Shit!!

We got to me and Tasha's apartment and I got down from the car first before he followed.

I got to the front door and pulled out my keys from my bag. I opened the door and got inside, kicking my shoes off lazily.

Seb got in but he didn't say anything to me. He just sat down on one of the chairs and I did same.

"How's your face? " I asked him. Like I didn't already know.

"It feels like absolute shit. " He answered.

That's how I feel right now.

"Let's get you cleaned up. " I said standing up and pulling his hand to stand up as well. I took him upstairs to my room.

We got inside and I led him to the bathroom, sitting him down on the toilet seat.

"I'm so sorry Seb. "

"You don't have to be sorry babe. Shit happens. " he replied.

Yeah just like the way I kissed Cole. Shit happens!

I put a towel in warm water and gently press it on his face. He winced in pain.

I did it again and again till there were no more blood stains.

I put small bandages on his face and I just stare at him. I don't want to hurt you Seb but I'm already hurting you by lying to you.

He gently touched my cheek with his hand. "I love you so much Lils and if taking a beaten for you shows my love, I would do it all the time. That's how much I love you Lils. "

His word were like knives slashing my heart. His words pierced my soul. I felt worse instantly. I couldn't form any words. It was like my tongue was tied.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to just run away from everything. I don't know what's wrong with me. He didn't let me say anything, he crashed his lips on mine and I hesitated for a while before responding to the kiss.

Maybe if I kiss him back, everything would disappear. Everything would go back to the way it was. Maybe I'd feel sparks. A girl can hope right?

I felt nothing. It was nothing compared to what I felt when kissing Cole.

I broke the kiss immediately and ran out of the bathroom. He followed me but my back was turned to him so he couldn't see the tears running down my face.

I heard his footsteps coming closer to me and he wrapped his arms around me. "Babe, are you okay? " he questioned.

No I'm not okay! I'm not fine. Gosh I want to scream it. I want to shout. I want someone to comfort me and tell me everything would be fine but I can't.

"I just want to be alone. " I whisper.

"Are you sure? "

I nod my head. "Yeah. "

He places a kiss at the back of my head and slowly unwraps his hand from my waist. "I love you. " he says and leaves the room. That's when I break down. I fall on the floor and cry my eyes out.

I don't know how long I stay there crying. I cried and cried hoping the heavy feeling in my chest would disappear. Hoping that I would be fine. Hoping that everything would be fine.

I stayed there crying before darkness over took my form.

Did I just die or faint from hurt or I'm just sleeping?

*******
I'm sorry it took so much time to update this chapter.
I've been busy with other things and I haven't really been feeling any inspiration and I also had a lot to sort out with myself.
Anyways, I hope you like the chapter.

Let's just say I've been in the shoes of the character that's why I poured my heart out writing this.
Thank you. ❤

Pheebs. 💋