Chapter 13

Lily's POV

       Too painful to stay. Too attached to let go.

I woke up because of the loud thud I heard coming from downstairs. What the hell is grandma doing so early in the morning. I look towards the alarm clock beside my bed and its 11pm. Damn! Its not early at all.

I groggily get up from bed and pick up my duffel bag, shoving it into the wardrobe. I was too lazy to unpack.

I took off all my cloths and made my way to the bathroom, taking a quick shower and brushing my teeth. I wrap a towel around myself and walk back into the room.

After I was done dressing up, I put on my favorite slides and head downstairs. I went straight to the kitchen to find grandma baking. The scent alone drove me insane, if I'm not careful, I'd maybe have a orgasm. I mentally face palm myself.

"Morning grandma. " I said sitting on one of the chairs.

"Morning Lily. Did you sleep well. "

"I stretched. " I did. " she smiled at me. "How is college dear? "

"College is college grandma. " I replied and she laughed..

"Oh well. " she said and went back to what she was doing.

"Do you need help? "

"No darling. I'm okay. "

I nodded. I was bored out of my mind and I wasn't even hungry. Why was she baking anyway?

I picked an apple from the fruit bowl and went out through the back door. I missed this place. Especially my favorite spot under the tree. I went over to the tree and sat under it. I remember the first time I sat here with Cole, he comforted me. Oh and the first time he kissed me. A part of me wished I didn't come back here, there's a lot of memories I hope to forget.

The sound of a motorcycle cut me out my reverie. I had a bad feeling about this but my nosy self just wanted to know where the sound was coming from. I stood up and followed the sound, I looked into Coles yard and there he was, coming down from the motorcycle.

My mind immediately went to the first time I saw him and I couldn't move. Now its happening again. Oh world! Why do you have to do me like this?

His blue eyes met mine and the glint in his eyes showed how happy he was. He smiled faintly at me and I couldn't think straight.

C'mon Lily get out of there! My feet isn't moving dumbshit.

"Hey. " he said.

"Hey. " I said back. This was awkward.

He was still smiling. Did he come here because he knew I'd be here. I didn't like this at all, finally finding my footing I walk away. I don't bother looking back at him, I just walk away till I got back inside the house and ran up to my room. The fuck is wrong with you Lils!
.
Cole just seems to be everywhere now, even when I close my eyes he's there. Why! Tears were already falling from my eyes. I didn't know what to do anymore. I was confused, hurt and numb. I felt all this and still felt nothing.

I picked up my phone and called the one person that might get my mind off all this.

Seb.

********

I didn't know when I slept off. Me and Seb talked for hours and I was glad I called him. After we were done, I called Tasha and I told her everything. Grandma woke me up to come down for dinner. I slept for long, I picked up my phone to check the time and it was past 7. I took a quick shower and put on my grey shots and my dad's Yankees shirt. I tied my hair into a messy bun and made my way downstairs.

I heard voices downstairs, grandma was talking to someone but it was muffled so I didn't know who it was. I walked into the kitchen and the person was Cole. Why was he here? Talking to grandma. His eyes met mine and he eyed me from up to down, assessing me. I felt self conscious now. I wasn't naked but still I didn't like the way he was looking at me.

"Lily dear. Come join us. " grandma said to me and I made my way towards them, sitting opposite Cole.

He smiled at me and I looked away. "I invited Cole over, its been a while and I thought it'll be nice if we have dinner together. " she said.

I smiled. " its no problem grandma. "

She served us our food and we started eating, I could feel a pair of eyes boring holes into me. I looked up at him and glared, he just smiled and went back to eating. Why did she have to invite him anyway?!

Finally we were all done and grandma was clearing the dishes when he spoke up. " There's a Halloween party downtown tomorrow and I was thinking if I could take Lily with me. " he said so full of confidence.

Grandma already decided for me "she's free to go. Let her have some fun. " she said doing the dishes.

Cole looked over to me asking if I agreed and I just nodded my head. She's right, I should go out and have fun.

He smiled and brushed his knee against mine, the contact made my body shiver. His touch affects me in so many ways. Grandma had already left us, so I stood up and went over to the fridge. I took a bottle of water and drank from it.

I could feel his eyes on me but I decided to ignore it. Isn't he supposed to go home now? I was feeling very restless. I went over to the sink and washed my hands. They weren't dirty but I didn't know what to do at the moment. I couldn't tell him to just leave right?

I was still washing my hands when I felt his arms wrap around my waist. I could feel the heat emitting from his body. I turned off the faucet and he turned me around and my face landed on his hard chest.

He kissed my ear before whispering "I'm sorry Lils. "

Why is he sorry? He didn't do anything to me. I was the one that left him. I'm the one that should have been saying sorry. Like as if he read my mind he went on. " I'm sorry I acted like a possessive maniac. I know you aren't mine. At least not yet and I shouldn't have acted like that. I'm not sorry that I beat up your boyfriend and kissed you that day. Because I'll do it over and over again if it means I'll have you to myself. " he went on. "I want you Lils, God knows how much I want you and how much I want this. You're all I ever think about Lily, I want to stay with you not just today but as long as the universe would let me. "

My eyes already stung from unshed tears. "I'm with Seb. " I said to him. His eyes turned dark for a minute before he smiled. "He is not here right now. Its just me and you. " he ran his hand down my sides.

I bit my lip and Cole made a sound so low in his throat.

"Stay with me. " he rested his forehead on mine. "Just stay. " he said and brushed his lips against mine teasing me.

I wasn't thinking straight anymore, his words cut through me like a knife. His words pierced my heart.

I could only nod, unable to think straight because of how close we were.

His lips hovered around mine and my eyes fell shut. " You wouldn't hit me if I do this right? " 

His hand went into my shirt, caressing my bare back.

"Just kiss me already. " I breathed out.

He obliged.