Chapter nine

Song: Fuyu No Hanashi (Given)

Denki's P.O.V

"Looks like you won."

My eyes widened as I looked this man, Kakashi, my caretaker.

To think I didn't know something like that, and I knew him my entire life!

"Though you aren't completely right, I'll give it to you."

Huh? What does that mean?

"W-what d-do y-you m-mean?" Midoryia asked.

He stared at the greenette, eyes boring into his and time seemed to freeze as his eyes seemed to hold a raging storm.

"Where I come from there aren't hero's or villains..."

He started closing his eyes as he crossed his arms and let out a sigh, shoulders drooping as though he was to fall at any moment from holding an unimaginable amount of weight.

"If anything it was really only vigilantism, people that steal to give it to someone else, people that kill to save someone else. It's normal." He continued

Everyone stood quite wanting to hear what he was going to say.

"We didn't have a 'black and white' system where there is a clear distinction between good or bad, it was all muddled and came together to form a grey." His eyes became distant.

"Arguments were normal, fighting was normal, death was normal."

Everyone shuddered in a breath.

"Children train to become soldiers and proficient in killing, taking lives. It was normalized, it was normal to see a child kill an adult, to see an adult take a child's life, it was an everyday occurrence, to the point were people no longer bat an eyelash."

My eyes widened at that, what type of place....

"Shinobi don't cry. Shinobi don't show emotions. Everything is for your village, for the civilians, your precious people!

You should be willing to give up everything for them!"

What the hell? What the hell what the hellwhatthehellwhatthehellwhatthehellwhatthehellwhatthehell-

"Rules beaten into skulls, and ways to kill beaten into their bones, as well as sucking out any type of emotion out of fragile minds, sternness in the voices of adults as little ones cry over their dead parents, high praise to those who can kill without breaking down."

The air became tense as he opened his eyes as he stared at everyone.

Than he looked at me.

I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe-

"This is the world I lived in, grew up in...."

"Participated in." He continued to stare at me, as he said that.

Sweat started to form on my body my hands tremble, voice stuck in my throat, eyes dilate in fear.

He's a murder, I've lived with a murder, a killer, a soldier-

His eyes soften as he stared at me, and I don't feel as scared anymore...

He broke eye contact as he stared back at my principal.

"Now....." his tone changed, softer, miserable, desperation.

Desperate for what?

"Do you still want a murder here to work with you?"