23. Undercover

~Flashback~

~Flashback~

Two months since Scar and Jake officially became friends, it's been a bumpy road. There was days when Scar couldn't handle Jake Peralta and lead her to ignoring him. Other times Jake would get frustrated with the bipolar like attitude of Scar. One day she would flirt and tease the man and the next day she would threatened to kill him with whatever object was near.

But there was good days and cases of them working together. When they put their differences aside, they found it more easier --and faster to solve a case. With Jake's detective knowledge and Scar's physical expertise, they were quite the duo.

In those months, Scar was known as the muscle and Jake was the brains.

But it didn't mean the title angered Scar, because it did, for many reasons. One of the reasons was Jake's ego getting bigger everytime he'd figure something out first. Secondly, whenever Scar tries to input her own strategies or her theories, Jake brushed it off. Simply saying, he delt with  a case like this before, that he had more experience in detective than him.

Jake accidentally let it slip one time that Jake would do all the clue hunting/solving while Scar's job was to hunt down and arrest the criminal. At first, she was okay with it because it meant she didn't have to do the paperwork. But as time went on, she felt Jake was undermining her intelligence. No one dares to undermine Scarlett's intelligence.

And Jake Peralta was going to learn.

It took Scarlett a couple of days to figure out her plan and pick out the flaws before fixing them. Then another week of figuring out every possible move Jake would make. Then another week to get it set in motion.

What mostly helped was the fact, she didn't have many paperwork to do since Jake wanted to it himself. And the few cases she has with the other detectives she wasn't exactly trusted to write out the reports. Only person who didn't have a problem with Scar dealing with paperwork was Rosa. She met Rosa before at a drag race before she even became a detective. She ran into her so often, Scar thought of her to be a nark but Rosa earned her respect then later trust. Which made Rosa already a considered family member. Which is why, Rosa wasn't considered a family in her detective life. She knew her before becoming Scar Toretto.

~~~

Scar was handed the case of "The Reverend"

The Reverend was a case about a high class club that has an underground business. It's a prestigious club where only high class family are invited. No one didn't know what the underground business was and who was in charge of it. But it was said the main boss of the operation goes by "The Reverend". I needed to find out what they were dealing and what kind scheme they were running or planning on to along with who was The Reverend. It looked like a job of being undercover.

After an argument with Sarge a few days prior, Scar was able to choose who worked the case with her. So when the briefing was over, Scar went to her desk to look over the details of the case more.