Four

● Reyna ●

Reyna ●

{RECAP}

“Oh my God! Reyna!”

I feel like crying my eyes out. My little brother is standing right in front of me. It’s been nine years and, to no surprise, he looks so different. But those big blue eyes. I’d recognize them anywhere.

I refuse to let any tears fall, but a huge smile is on my lips. “Hey, Stevie.”

Before I have time to react, he’s already jumped over the bar and has his arms wrapped around me tightly. I hug him back just as tight, allowing the tears to finally fall. I missed my little brother so fuckin’ much.

Stevie finally pulls away, his contagious smile growing even wider. “I can’t believe I finally found you!”

I smile, wiping away the tears that had fallen. “What do you mean by that, Stevie? I never told you where I was going.”

“I know you better than you think, Rey. I know how much you love rock, and Los Angeles is a rock n’ roll paradise. I knew you’d end up here one way or another,” Steve confesses.

“You’ve grown up so much,” I say without thinking. 

His hair is longer and poofier, his smile is more distinctive, his voice is deeper, and he sure has a hell of a lot more hair than the last time I saw him. But, then again, I guess that’s what puberty does to you.

“Well, yeah,” Steve laughs. “Did you expect me to be twelve forever?”

“No,” I respond, giggling. “It’s just hard to imagine you being all grown up when you only existed in my memories as that twelve year old for such a long time.”

Steven engulfs me in another hug, which I gladly receive. 

Our lovely reunion, however, is cut short.

“Who’s the hot chick, Popcorn?” The red headed singer,Axl, asks.

Steven wraps his arm around my shoulder in a protective manor, glaring at the singer. “This is my sister, Reyna, and she’s off limits to all of you.”

I roll my eyes and laugh at him. “I can take care of myself, you know.”

“I know,” He replies happily, his attention still on the singer. 

Steven always was protective of me. He always had to make sure my friends were good people or would fight someone if they were mean to me. It was sweet, but he could be a little too aggressive at times. I can’t even count how many times he got sent home for getting into fights. Mother would always get super pissed at him and blame his behavior on me. I can’t help it that I’m the one that raised him. I can’t help it that I’m very strong-willed. That’s just who I am.