Ten

● Reyna ●

Reyna

I force a smile onto my face. “I’m so happy that you guys worked it out!” I tell Alex. She’s looking a lot more relaxed. 

That’s good. I really am glad that they worked things out. At least, that’s what I keep telling myself. 

Izzy doesn’t look much happier. In fact, he looks like a puppy that’s been kicked. 

“You guys are perfect for each other!” Chelsea squeals. 

We’re over at the guys’ apartment for a small ‘party’. In reality, it’s just the guys plus Alex, Chelsea, Leo and I hanging out. At the moment all the guys are in the kitchen while us girls and Leo ‘gossip’, as Chelsea put it. 

“I know right!” Alex squeals back.

It almost makes me nauseous seeing how in love she is with Izzy. It makes me feel worse knowing that Izzy reciprocates my feelings. Izzy has been trying to get me alone with him all night, but I’ve been successful at avoiding him. 

“Last night he said ‘I love you’ for the first time! I’ve been begging him to say it for months, but I just couldn’t get it out of him!” Alex exclaims, a huge smile on her face.

I only smile and nod, letting Chelsea hype her up. I don’t think I can actually speak to her anymore. At least, not about Izzy. It hurts my heart that he’s with her and not with me. However, I sent him back to her. I can’t just sit here and feel sorry for myself. 

Gosh, is it hot in here? I feel like I can hardly breathe. 

Without saying a word to anyone, I get up and walk towards the back window. The same window that Izzy led me out of that first night. My plan was to go up to the roof. Before I can even open the window, a voice sounds from behind me. 

“Reyna?”

I turn to see Leo, who has a nervous smile on his face. From here I can see into the kitchen. Izzy’s eyes are locked on me as the rest of the guys prepare dinner for all of us. I look back to Leo. 

“What’s up?” I ask, forcing another smile onto my face. 

“I-uh-was just wondering if you wanted to go out with me tomorrow night?” 

This takes me by surprise. “Uh, I don’t kn-know what to say.”

“We can just try it out?” Leo says, his smile growing even more nervous. “Like a semi-date?”

I smile sadly. “I’m sorry. I’m just not looking for a relationship right now.”

“We could just-.”

“She said no,” Izzy’s voice says abruptly. 

Leo and I both turn to look at him. He’s now standing beside me with his arms crossed. Not once in the past two months have I ever thought that he looked intimidating. Not even when he was being mean to me. Right now I wouldn’t put it past him to knock the daylights out of Leo.