Nineteen

● Reyna ●

Reyna ●

Izzy walks quietly beside me. I can see the gears turning in his head as he thinks through the night's events, and maybe even last night’s. I’m starting to think that I fucked up by not telling him about Nikki. I’m hoping that it won’t start an unnecessary fight. I just want things to go smoothly between us for a little while. I feel that a month and a half just isn’t a long enough peaceful period.

I clasp my hands behind my back, letting myself take a look up at the sky. Of course it’s just pitch black. The bright street lights block out the diamonds in the sky. 

“That’s who you were talking to last night, wasn’t it?” Izzy asks, his voice barely above a whisper. 

I bite down on my lip, allowing myself to look up at him. I can’t read his expression. That scares me more than him being angry. 

“Yeah,” I breathe out, my gaze dropping to the ground.

Izzy’s quiet for a few more moments. I can tell that he’s thinking through his next words. “How do you know him?”

“I really don’t want to talk about that,” I say quickly. I don’t want him to know how weak I was. I don’t want him to feel sorry for me. I spent long enough feeling sorry for myself. I threw my fucking pity party and I want to be done with it. 

“That’s bullshit,” Izzy says. His voice doesn’t sound angry. Not even hurt. Oh, God, what did I do? Did I just fuck up a potentially healthy relationship? “You always make me talk about things that I don’t want to.”

I scoff. “Now that’s some bullshit. I’ve never made you talk about anything!”

“Oh please. You just sound passive aggressive until I tell you.”

“Name one time!” Izzy stays quiet. I laugh darkly. “That’s what I thought. I think you’re getting me mixed up with your ex.” 

I can see a look of realization replace the blank expression that was on his face. I feel a little happy that for once I managed to hit the nail on the head. I was right. 

We walk quietly towards the apartment. I cross my arms, feeling the chilly LA night breeze hit my bare arms. I rub my arms, trying to get some warmth going. I jump as I feel heavy fabric rest on my shoulders. I look up at Izzy, noticing that he no longer had his leather jacket on. I slip my arms into the arm holes and stick my hands into the deep pockets.

“You know I hate being left in the dark. I felt embarrassed that I didn’t even know that you and Nikki fuckin’ Sixx knew each other.” Izzy paused. “And I hated how he was talking to you.”

I nod. “I know, Iz. I’m sorry for not telling you. I should’ve told you. I just hate to dredge up all of those memories. I don’t want you to know how weak I was. How naive I was. I was an idiot and I hated myself for the longest time for it. But, then you and Steven and the boys came into my life and made me happy. You guys made me forget about my past for the first time in a long time.”

Izzy sighs. “I’m glad to hear that, but, Rey, I need you to tell me what happened. I don’t want to stay in the dark about it forever. I can’t really figure this out on my own.”

“I’m sure you could,” I smirk, side-eyeing him. “You’re a smart guy.”

Izzy laughs, shaking his head. “I think this one is beyond my capabilities.”

“Alright,” I take in a deep breath. “Do you remember the night we met? When we were on the rooftop and I was so fucked up out of my mind that I told you about that ex?”

“Yeah?” I just look at him, giving it a few moments to process in his brain. “Oh!” He yells out after a few moments. I giggle a bit at his expression. He looks like he just solved the world’s hardest math problem.

“That. . .,” He trails off. “That was him that did that to you?”

I nod. “It was a rough time considering I was only eighteen when I met him. It wasn’t so bad when we first started dating. Then as the band started to take off he got easier access to harder drugs. He pressured me into snorting that first line of coke and taking that first syringe of heroin. Everything went down after that.” I’m pleased to find that no tears sprung to my eyes. Maybe I’m finally over it. And I believe that it’s all thanks to Izzy and the boys. “I didn’t want you thinking that I’m weak. I’m not anymore. I was just so blinded by that first love that I believed his abuse was love. I know that it was the drugs making him act like that, but it was still abuse.”

Izzy wraps his arm around my shoulders, bringing me close to his body. I wrap my arms around his waist, leaning my head on his chest. He’s not mad. That makes me so relieved. He stays quiet for the rest of the walk home. We reach the porch when I finally find my voice.

“I know about the drugs, Iz.”

Izzy stops moving towards the apartment door, turning to me. His face is full of shock.

“I’m not an idiot. I was around it for many years,” I say. “I don’t care. I just wish that you would’ve told me.”

Izzy smirks. “Does this mean that I can finally quit hiding it?”

“You didn’t have to hide it in the first place, doofus,” I tease, scrunching my nose up at him.

He grins, walking to me. I lean against the railing. He towers over me, making me tilt my head up to look at him. 

He leans down and places a sweet kiss on my lips. I wish this kiss could last for infinity. There’s nothing better than the feeling of his warm lips against my own, his body pressed up against mine. The kiss is filled with passion, love, and the feeling of safety. There’s no better place for me than in between Izzy’s arms. I fit perfectly. I know for certain that he feels the same way.

Izzy pulls away, making me frown. He laughs as he sees my expression.

“Get inside, Pretty Woman. It’s fucking freezing out here and you stole my jacket.”

I roll my eyes. “As I recall, you willingly gave it to me. I didn’t even ask for it!”

“Just get your ass inside,” He says, pushing me towards the door.

I jump as I feel a slap on my ass. I glare at him over my shoulder, trying to look annoyed. However, as I turn my face to the living room, a smile slips onto my face.

Tonight could’ve been a disaster, but it wasn’t. It ended with a sweet kiss and teasing. And I’m so glad it was with Izzy.