Chapter 15

Returning Shlok's notes,the next day in college Bhargavi mumbled a, "Thank you!"

He said with a startled look," I didn't know Prabir borrowed my notes for you."

Everyone's eyes turned in her direction. She replied firmly, " Yes! He did."

"Are you two dating?" Shivangi one of her classmates enquired.

"It's none of your business,"she replied non-chalantly.

"Hey! Would you mind just introducing me to him?" Asked Shekhar.

"I won't,"she replied annoyed.

"Hey! What's with that attitude? Why do you always have to be so mean and rude ?" queried Priyanka.

Walking up to her, Bhargavi glared icily making her gulp hard noticing the angry glare in her eyes.

"My attitude doesn't need a fix, but your clumsy mind does. I am not obliged to fulfill your wishes," Bhargavi replied rudely.

Turning to Shekhar, she carried on,
"If you want to be a friend of Prabir, go introduce yourself on your own. It's not like he is a celebrity and you need an appointment to see him."

Shifting her glare to Shivangi, she said frowning, " As for you, I am not interested in sharing my personal details with anyone. If you want to talk to me about anything else, you are most welcome."

There was a crippling silence following her remarks.

************

Bhargavi, went to the library to re-issue a book during free time and while returning, she witnessed a strange sight from the glass window panes in the stairways, that provided abundance of sunshine. Prabir was carrying Keya in his arms and striding rapidly towards the dispensary.

On their way back from college, Bhargavi was extremely quiet unlike the other days. Prabir knew he might be smelling of some lady's perfume and this was probably the reason, she was mad at him.

"Bhargu...she had a sprained ankle,"
Prabir made an attempt to explain but Bhargavi did not even pretend to be listening to him. She plugged her earphones securely in her ears.

He knew the only way to make her listen to anything he said, was to take a shower, that smell indeed had to be gone before he approached her again.

*************

Parul had a long face, and dismay reflected in her eyes as she returned from school. As they all sat for lunch, Prabir enquired," Paru ...are you okay? What happened?"

" Bhaiya, everyone is avoiding me in school. No one wants to talk to me," She replied mournfully.

"Damn! Your life is so peaceful Paru," Bhargavi exclaimed with immense joy.

"Di!" Parul shrieked annoyed.

"Sorry! Ask him what should be done," she said feeling guilty." I'll again mess things up."

Prabir proposed, " Paru...be patient! They have learnt it the hard way that they were wrong. I am sure they will come around soon."

"Wow! That's the most precious piece of advice I have heard in my lifetime," exclaimed Bhargavi sarcastically.

She then glared at Prabir before fixing her gaze on Paru and advised,
"Paru...take some chocolates to school tomorrow and distribute it amongst all. Tell them that your relative - any uncle or aunty; who may or may not exist in reality brought them for you, and you would like to share it with them."

"Bhargu...you are teaching her to lie?" Prabir scoffed.

"Nope! I am teaching her to bribe people," she chuckled.