Chapter 24

Bhawani leaned her back against a wall and was blubbering as Prabir narrated the entire incident to his friends.

"Bhawu...You come here...come sit here,"Prabir made Bhawani sit beside her sister. Then tenderly wiping her tears, he whispered, " Why are you crying baby?" he instantly took his hands off seeing her flinch.

"Sachin bring some ice from the refrigerator," Prabir commanded.

"Bhawu....Please don't cry...I'll make him pay for what he has done to you."

"Prabir her face is swollen and bruised, we should take her to a doctor," Shekhar suggested.

"No! I don't want to go to a doctor. I am okay!" Bhawani pleaded.

"Okay! Okay ! Relax! Bhawu....How about we have a party tonight? " Prabir asked anxiously, kneeling down before her.

Sachin came in with ice in a container. Prabir got up on his feet, took out a clean handkerchief from his trousers pocket, wrapped an ice cube in it and sat beside Bhawani. Then he slowly and gently applied it on Bhawani's face, to help reduce the swelling.

"Bhargu. Tell me about all her favorite dishes.I'll make them...Rakesh, Sekhar, Vishwesh, Sachin, Abhijeet you all will help me in the kitchen and also for purchasing the groceries okay!"Prabir informed.

Bhawani glanced at Prabir, her eyes filled with dismay and a questioning glare.

Prabir said politely, " Bhargu?"

Bhargavi was lost in her own thoughts,she had not seen Sachin bring in ice or Prabir applying it on Bhawani's face with his left hand. She knew nothing about the party being discussed by Prabir. Prabir placed his ice cold hand on hers and she was startled.

What if Maa was actually hit by a charging vehicle, while she went to the market today, being driven by Mayank's men? It would easily turn out to be a hit and run case.

When Mayank could devise such a malicious plot for abducting Bhawani...now that he was hospitalized, what... is his father capable of doing? I need to be alert for his next step, he can probably inflict much more harm on my family and Prabir than Mayank could even think about.

First and foremost, I need to know.... what am I dealing with... I need to gather as much information as possible related to Mayank and his family. I need every miniscule detail about their strengths and weaknesses.

I'll ruffle all the feathers of Mayank Sinha.
Her brain was working at a nerve- wracking speed.

"I want you to celebrate tonight Bhawu... because today... now is the last time when you have shed tears because of Mayank Sinha. I know he has hurt you, but he definitely is not worthy to be wept for, you are not wasting anymore tears on him.okay!", Prabir clarified the purpose for the celebration.

"Prabir...Please send me Mr. Brijesh's number?" Bhargavi demanded.

Mr. Brijesh had given his number to Prabir. "Prabir if the local station's inspector in-charge refuses to register a complaint, call me," he had assured him.

"Yes! But what will you do Bhargu? " He inquired.

She glared at him for sometime with a frosty look , Prabir took his phone out from the pocket and connecting the call to Mr. Brijesh, handed it to her.

"Hello..Prabir," Mr. Brijesh bellowed from the other side.

"Uncle I am Bhargavi, Bhawani's sister," she said sternly.

"Oh! Yes! Yes!" He replied softly.

"We don't want to register a case in the name of Mayank Sinha,"Bhargavi mumbled.

Prabir clenched his fingers into a fist, his jaw's were clenched tight, as he gave Bhargavi a very cold and icy look. Everyone's gaze in the room was shifted in Bhargavi's direction.

Bhargavi continued," Uncle I would like to have a trade off. Could you please tell Mr. Nishwas Sinha that the upcoming elections are very near... next month, a police case now at this moment could affect his image savagely. We won't register a case if he agrees to my conditions;

Firstly, he would have to ensure that Mayank is kept under check and never again appears anywhere close to Bhawani. He may transfer his son to any other school he finds suitable.

Secondly, he has to ensure the safety of my family and Prabir, from his stupid son.

Uncle I don't really trust politicians, and after the elections are over, Mayank may again turn back to his earlier form...and his father may also hold a grudge against us... I understand but at least till the elections are over, I'll have enough time to think about it," she conceded politely.

"Umm..well that's good...I was thinking along these lines but thought Prabir would never agree to it," Mr. Brijesh admitted.

"Mr. Nishwas will definitely agree to your terms...I don't think there will be any issues. Okay! I'll inform him and let you know if he agrees,"he said thoughtfully.

"Bhargavi...what did you just do?" Prabir asked furiously. "How can you do this Bhargavi? You forgot everything that Mayank did to Bhawani?" He yelled and Ms. Nalini came running towards Bhargavi's room hearing the huge uproar.

"Prabir .Will you please listen to me just once?" Bhargavi urged.

Though Prabir was angry, he nodded curtly and Bhargavi began,

" Prabir. The elections are very close...Mr. Nishwas would never let his image be tarnished just before the elections, he would have called us to offer money to keep our mouths shut, and if we refused, he would threaten us to physically harm anyone or even kill someone.

Prabir if Mayank could go to such an extent - devising such a malicious plot to abduct Bhawani...

What if tomorrow, Maa is actually hit by a raging vehicle driven by Mr. Nishwas's people in the market place?

Mr. Nishwas has always supported his son in all his wrong doings in everyway possible.

Dhruv saw with his own eyes, Mayank Sinha's car ram up into his father, while he was standing just on the opposite end of the road, speaking to someone.I was a witness of this incident, Mayank was fifteen years old, had no driving license and was extremely drunk. But, an innocent poor driver was locked up in jail for two long years for a non-bailable offence - being drunk while driving and killing a person in the act.

Prabir...They have political influence, money, power...I...I almost lost you and...I haven't forgotten anything of what Mayank did to Bhawani...all I am doing is gaining some time.

Mayank Sinha did two crimes firstly he hurt you and then Bhawani. I have never learnt to live a life as a victim and I'll definitely make him pay the price... that's a promise." Bhargavi concluded bitterly, biting her lower lip.

"Bhargu...I am sorry.I am so sorry," Prabir apologized with a grin.

Ms.Nalini was amazed to see Prabir, again take ice-cubes wrap it up in his handkerchief and place it on Bhawani's face tenderly.

"But after the elections are over, if again Mayank tries to harm Bhawani in any way, he will be supported by his father at all costs," Sachin said sardonically.

"Who is Dhruv? Do you know him Bhargavi?" enquired Abhijeet.

" Dhruv is the reason why...I..I wanted to study journalism, I studied science till standard XII with him...we were in same school...he is my friend.

Sachin...Mayank Sinha may have his father's support but I won't let him do anything. I have been chasing him for a long time, gathering information about him...his whereabouts ... his family,"she informed with a cool demaneour.

A/N: Hi Guys!

Hope you are doing well and enjoying!

Please support me with your votes and comments.

I had a severe headache since morning, and am really sorry for updating this late today.

Take care!

Thank you all!!