Chapter 1: How it All Began

~after my debut of Mafia a month ago, i decided to make a comeback with something less dark and more colourful, though this new fanfic is still rated as mature. hope you enjoy this one, and feel free to talk or express your feelings on the story in the comments! :)~

--Y/N's POV--

The heat was mild that day with a slight pinching sensation on my skin, and I was sitting in the back seat of Mom's BMW. Little did I know that in a month's time, I would've gone from being a special guest to a permanent resident...

--A day ago--

Ah, finally, I told myself, it's finally my break! But before I could get off university property, a hand shoved me over, and my face and body were greeted by the ice-cold, chlorine-infused water of my campus's swimming pool.

I surfaced and gasped for air as soon as I hit the pool, only to hear high-pitched laughter from a bunch of girls in my year, wearing designer clothing. "Ha HA! Don't bitches' moms teach them to be graceful swans and not ugly, clumsy ducklings?!" one of them smirked.

"Aw, fuck, look at her. She looks so ugly, I wonder if her parents are ugly too!" their leader, who was wearing too much fake tan laughed. 

That was all it took. I scrambled out of the pool and clasped my hands around her neck, intending to strangle her to death. 

 "Y/N! Stop it!" two hands twice my size grabbed mine(hands) off her neck before she could faint and their owner, six feet tall, shot me the death stare. "Y/N, how many times have I told you not to launch attacks like this if anybody bullies you?!" Yunho scolded. He looked around as there were people watching, and softened his tone. "You could've just told me."

"Oh, for god's sake, student councillor, why are always siding with that bitch?" the bully retorted. "She was the one who was rude at first-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Yunho towered over her, and cornered her to a pillar she was leaning on before pushing me into the pool. "Don't lie and make up a 1001 sad stories, dear," he hissed in a sweet and dangerous voice. "I've given you too many chances. One more time like this, the council president and I can always consider you and your gossip-monger friends outta this campus."

"Um...okay!" she squeaked timidly and trodded off, her high heels click-clacking on the stone tiled floor. Now that everyone was done watching all the drama and walking home, he helped pick up my soaked backpack and pulled me by the arm out of the campus gates. "Aish, thank god there were no professors around!"

--Five minutes later--

For five whole minutes accompanying my walk home, Yunho said nothing and made no eye contact. Me on the other side, I was still redder than a tomato in embarrassment. Yes, I appreciated Yunho's help in chewing the haters out, but now everyone on campus was gonna spread rumours about the two of us!

"Y/N ah," he suddenly piped up. "I know your situation, but why do you have to ruin my reputation as a student councillor almost every time, eh? I understand your history of bullying as a child and now, but why-"

I cut him short, boiling with anger. "Excuse me, I thought student councillors were supposed to take care of others and not their reputations(this was actually a question :/)? Jeong Yunho, how selfish can you be?!"

"That's not what I meant. And these days you seem so thin-skinned-"

"Then perhaps you're so thick-skinned!"

I stormed off before we both got into a full-blown argument.

--Yunho's POV--