Chapter 4: Trouble with the CEO Criminal

~if some of you guys might not know, junyoung was a member of kq fellaz, the pre-debut ateez. although he didn't make it to the final band, i'm still rooting for him, wherever he may be. i wanted to give him credit in the story, but the best i could think of was the villain role. enjoy the story as the chapters unfold and stay safe!~

--Jongho's POV--

--flashback...--

The neon-light signs of pubs and bars, live billboards, the loud honking of cars from motorists scurrying back to their families after a busy day at work - the bustling nightlife of the town made a wide smile spread across my face as I crossed the road that lead me to my childhood friend's business headquarters. Yep, that's right, my former buddy Lee Junyoung who was the CEO of a bank company. After I passed the zebra crossing and got back on the pavement, above me was the tallest building in the town, but was also the most expensive. Lined the corners of the doors and walls with my gold bars and cash, Junyoung joked when we were in the middle of the grand opening party, which he had invited only his VIP buds.

Okay, now where was I? The heavy, automatic glass doors swallowed me in, I took a few more steps, and looked around. A breathtaking diamond chandelier, designed to replicate the kind found in royal palaces and presented by another of Junyoung's closest friends as a gift hung at least thirty-five feet above me. Most of the lobby was built of tough concrete and cement, then given the real makeover of marbled black-and-white tiles, the linings of pure gold the finishing touches. I walked over to the elevators, but the guards refused entry.

"Peasants like you cannot go up a floor here without special permission from CEO Lee," one of the burly bitches in all-black sneered coldly, looking down at my casual clothes. "That's the law here."

I glared at him in defiance, refusing to budge. "You wanna try me, is that your intention? Huh?!" I held my fists up, ready to fight.

"What's all this commotion boys?" the familiar voice could be heard from the reception table and was getting louder. Junyoung shot the chief guard a withering look. "How many times have I told not to be rude and call my customers and allies "peasants"?!" he scolded, then turned to me. The icy stare slipped off his face and was replaced by a warm, welcoming smile. "Jongho ah, long time no see!"

"Yeah, I was busy at college," I mused.

"Hey, don't just stand there and do nothing," he gave me a hearty slap on the back that could knock down a horse. "Cognac in my private office?"

"Actually, I'd prefer makgeolli," I laughed.

"What's the difference? They're all alcohol anyway." We finally walked into the elevator I was about to to take before I was rudely interrupted(serves that guard right for calling me a peasant >:)), went up to the third highest floor to his *diamond-studded CEO's office.

"Make yourself as comfortable as possible!" he said as he reached out for the tall, lean bottle of whisky on his desk and poured them into two lowball glasses with a huge ball of ice in each. He brought them over and put them on the coffee table I was sitting at, and walked over to the huge glass window(or glass wall actually), and admired the entire view of the town. I took a sip of my whisky, and was the first to speak.

"How's everything doin' for the bank?" I said.

"Excellent, Ho, excellent! Lately, operations have started globally as well, the big economies like China and Japan are bringing prosperity and luck to this business! By the way, how's college?" He didn't peel his eyes off the bustling road and continued to gaze at the fireflies of the golden headlights.

I swirled the glass in a circular motion and watched wearily as the ice ball clinked against the inside of the glass in the golden, amber liquor, as it chimed contently like a brass handbell. "Okay, though I haven't been making new friends since. All I've got is five of my other mates, some also studying in my campus," I replied gloomily. "Guess I've been hurting too many people lately..."

Junyoung turned around. "Are you kidding?! Your strength is your talent! You could break open a melon with a single punch-"

"I know, I know all right!" I interrupted, exasperated. "What I'm trying to tell you is I can't control my-"

"Lee Junyoung! What's this nonsense and complaints I'm getting from our customers, son?!" a grumpy old voice could be heard from another room. 

"Calm down, Father, what is it?!"

He disappeared through a door, and I sat there on the sofa awkwardly, the glass of whisky still in my hand. Washing down the rest of it, I almost choked to death from shock five seconds later. At the corner of the office where the door of the other chamber was located, without warning, the smashing of porcelain and yells of insults could be heard. I tiptoed slowly across the office, and crept slowly next to the door.

The grumpy old voice returned, but this time louder and angrier. "WHAT?! You've been hacking into people's private accounts worldwide so you can spend those (beep)parties with those pieces of (beep)?! This is illegal! This is theft! This is money launderin-"

From what I remember, Junyoung didn't say much during that argument with his father. All I heard after that was the huge "BANG" of a gunshot, and my blood ran cold. My fingers still pushed against the unlocked door.

Big mistake.

 Before me lay the corpse of Junyoung's dad, his age somewhere between his late 50s and early 60s. Blood was gushing down the side his mouth like drool, a reddish-black hole was embedded the middle of his white formal shirt. Right in the middle of his CHEST.

I looked at Junyoung. He was sweating excessively, and he licked his lips. "Look, look, it wasn't me!" he denied. "See? His hand? He killed himself," Junyoung tried, pointing to the gun in his hand, but I was too certain that he was lying. All of I sudden, I saw my friend in a totally new light. I had to make a run for it before he killed me! I had to spill the beans to the public! Too bad Junyoung was reading my mind.

"Choi Jongho, don't you dare-"

But I was outta there before he could shoot me down with the gun. He chased me like a lynx after a hare, but I kept going, and the doors of the elevator slammed shut, just in time as his fists pounded against them, like a bull's horns against the bars of its cage. As I ran, a hundred million questions flooded my mind. Was it true? Was it true that Junyoung was investing his time in illegal money theft and laundering? Why had he betrayed me by denying the truth every single time?!

*just a way to say the office was luxurious sorry if i confused u guys