[ 16 ]

clay perspective
_______________

george crawled into the passenger seat of my car. rain down poured outside, and i lightly stepped on the gas, turning the car as we begun our trip outside of town, near the airport.

"so, where are we off to?" the brunette flashed a wide smile, looking towards me. "you'll see." i replied softly, my tone low and almost illusive.

minutes pass, the silence builds into almost tension between george and i.

what relieved me most is that we were quickly nearing the outskirts of town as a merged onto the highway. nervousness made my stomach start whirling. it was a strange mix on anticipation and anxiousness that was indescribable. it was both a nice feeling and an unpleasant one.

the rain still slid down the windshield, the wipers swaying to and fro. george sighed impatiently, his head hitting the headpiece of the seat.

"we'll be there really soon. you can listen to the radio if you want to, george. no need to ask me." i reached to turn it on, but his hand met mine and returned it back to the steering wheel. "i like listening to the rain, i'm just missing the real world a little bit, that's it." he commented, looking back out his window.

-

the airport was coming close in vicinity, i could see the small gas station on the opposite side of the road to the small lot in the distance. george had fallen asleep half an hour ago, his slow breaths were almost audible over the tapping of the droplets on the glass. the rain had slowed down, and the sun was poking through the clouds.

sunshowers.

i turned into the small dirt parking lot overlooking the clearing, the sun reflecting on george's face, alerting him to wake up as i pulled the keys out of the ignition. he squinted against the dazzling sun rays, his dark eyes glowing a pretty brown hue- almost honey-like.

"good evening. sleep okay?" i asked, unbuckling my seatbelt and watching the rain fully halt.

"yeah, it was really nice. are we here? at the place you were taking us?"
"yep. we're here," i gulped, looking down at my hands in my lap, fidgeting nervously. i rethought my entire decision. did i want to do this? how would he react? oh god. "do you like it?"

he nods. "very much."

i sucked in a troubled, shallow inhale, almost holding my breath. my stress levels were off the roof.

"hey... george?" my voice shook, planting the seed for the chain of events to follow.

_______________