Unpleasant Discoveries

Now that we got Smalls into the game, he caught on pretty fast. Soon, he was part of the game, a team member, a crew mate, a friend of ours. The guys warmed up to him, but still get a little pissed and annoyed when he has no clue what they're talking about, especially Ham. He has a new thing to yell at Smalls; "You're killin' me, Smalls!"

But, when Benny smashed a homer into the Beast's territory, Smalls ran to the fence. To retrieve the ball. From the Beast.

"STOP! STOP SMALLS! NOO!" Is what we were all screaming at the top of our lungs while running to the fence where Smalls was. He was almost over the fence when we all pulled him off.

"Hey, what's the big deal, guys?" He was yelling over our screaming. "Katie, tell him," Squints said. "If you go look through that hole, and be real quiet, you'll know what our deal is." He stood there confused looking. "Go on," I said, making shooing motions with my hands. He walked slowly over to the hole and bent down to look through it. "Shh!" Everyone said at the same time. He peeked through, and how we all knew he saw him was when Smalls fell backwards yelling.

"Wha- what was that, that thing?" Smalls said, clearly scared. We all looked at eachother, then back at Smalls. "The Beast," we said all together.