Painful Conversations

Benny helped me back to my house slowly. I was able to walk, but my eye hurt really badly, and it shut me down I guess.

We walked up the small steps and he knocked on the door nervously. Aunt Carol opened the door and her jaw hung so far down, she looked like a snake.

"Oh my GOD what happened to you, Katie!" She yelled at us. She looked at Benny. "I told you not to hurt her!" He just stared at her with wide eyes.

"No, no, Carol he didn't do this. Uh, Ham hit a Heater and it missed my glove by inches," I said trying to convince her. "Come on, Katie, let's get some ice on that." Karen said.

Benny stood there still, looking scared. I stopped. "Hold on, Carol," I told her. I walked outside and stood in front of Benny. "You don't have to be nervous. She's cooled off now," I laughed. He smiled a little bit and I sighed.

I stepped a little closer to him and looked him in the eyes. "Thanks for bringing me home," I said and smiled, even though it hurt my eye. "Anytime," he said. I wasn't really thinking, so I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back, until Carol came out. "Katie," she laughed. "Benny can come in if he wants."

I pulled away and looked a him as he nodded. We walked into my house, and Carol handed me a bag of ice. I motioned Benny over to the couch and we sat beside each other awkwardly. I had the ice over my eye when he took my free hand and held it. I thought I was gonna puke for a second. I smiled a little and looked at him. He smiled back at me.

Does he.. like me? Or am I just being crazy?. I'm going with crazy.