Chapter 11 Guilt

You groaned, your body ached and the more you attempted to stretch all while refusing to open your eyes, the more you found out just how sore you were the farther you stretched.

What did I do to make me so sore?

Your groggy half awake mind asked such a question as you situated your head more comfortably on your firm pillow.

Wait!

Your eyes shot open and you sat up quickly waking up Owen in the process who groaned himself at the disruption rubbing his eyes.

Oh my god.

You covered your mouth and while you do remember last night you fell asleep thinking it was a dream, not really your reality. Owen rubbed his eyes trying to come to as he began to open them.

"What's wrong?" His voice was laced with sleepiness and his words came out slow as he hummed a bit stretching. You weren't sure what to say, that you thought last night was a dream or that you didn't think you really went through with being with him last night.

You stayed silent keeping your hand clamped over your mouth biting back a remark on the situation.

"(Y/N)?" Owen sat up now his sleep finally seeming to wear off as he saw your expression his hands softly grasping your upper arms.

"What's wrong?" He looked concerned now.

"I um-" you stumbled a bit to get a word out gently moving your hand away to cup the side of your own face exasperated.

"I thought that last night was a dream." You admitted it at last with an embarrassed grin.

"Oh was it that good?" Owen teased watching the way your face turned into a brilliant red. Well it wasn't as exciting as it could of been last night you knew that, you almost wondered if he was taking it slow with you. But from how it was in your last relationship yeah, it was that good.

"Shut up." You groaned looking away bringing the blanket up to your chest hugging it there as you sighed. Owen laughed a little wrapping his arms around your waist, but he hesitated upon feeling you tense.

"That's not the only thing on your mind." Owen rested his chin on your shoulder and you sighed shaking your head.

"Jee, how'd you guess?" You raised a brow at him being a little sarcastic and he just hummed closing his eyes resting comfortably like this.

"What does this change?" You asked more seriously looking at where his head was resting comfortably against your shoulder.

"What do you mean?" Owen peeked one eye open and you sighed a bit frustrated.

Men.

You huffed In your head.

"I mean, what does this make us? Is this only a one time thing and we move on? Are we friends with benefits or-" you left the last option hang in the air and you felt Owen move away from you his arms unwrapping themselves from around your waist to sit up with you.

"I'm not a friends with benefits kinda guy, in any aspect." Owen's eyes lingered on your own. You looked away quickly.

"Okay, uh-good." You cleared your throat.

"Good?" Owen chuckled making you face him.

"I just mean, not in a bad way, but-" you were sputtering unable to form a proper sentence and Owen seemed amused at it as he took your hand in his beginning to gently massage the palm of your hand as he stared at you. The sputtering only got worse.