Chapter 14 Run

Lunch had been great, some how you managed to hold a conversation with the boys and they seemed to like you. Well enough anyway. Zach didn't really want to do as much talking as gray and you respected that and maybe that's why he didn't seem as harsh towards you.

You walked through as gray pulled your hand pointing at the crowd of people gathered close to the gentle giant petting zoo to watch.

"Hey whoa slow down!" You laughed a bit and gray let go of your hand dashing ahead as you jogged to catch up with him Zach not too far behind.

"I wanna see them closer!" Gray tried to peer over the crowds of people but wasn't able to see a good glimpse.

"Lift me up, I can't see!" Gray turned his attention to Zach who looked at him a bit annoyed.

"I'm not dad and you're not five." Zach tsked a bit.

"I can still ride the Triceratops! I'm 47-and-a-half inches." Gray poured at his brother and you couldn't help but smile widely at their antics at first.

"I can lift you up if you really wanna see them." You looked down at gray a bit who stared at you bewildered.

"Really?"

"You're kidding, you can't lift him."

Both brothers spoke at once and you just looked between them both.

"Well I've picked up boxes heavier than gray I'm sure of it, besides it won't be for very long. That is if you really do want to see them." You looked down and gray nodded quickly.

"Please!" He clasped his hands together begging.

"This place is for kids." Zach scoffed a bit and you gave him a look. Grays expression fell considerably.

"Yeah I know," Gray sighed messing with his fanny pouch then he looked up again, "wanna go on the spinning dinosaur eggs?"

You tried not to laugh but it broke your heart how much gray was trying to reach his brother.

"Nope," Zach made a face, "cover up your dork pouch."

You decided to intervene before any real arguments happened.

"Hey, how about we go look at the T-Rex feeding?" You looked at your phone again to check the time.

"Next feeding should be in 10 minutes if we leave now."

"T-Rex!" Gray bounced on his feet now pulling both your hand and Zach's in his own towards where the attraction was.

"Come on, guys, come on!"

You smiled amused and eyed zach as he seemed to think.

"Okay, let's go." He seemed a bit enthusiastic and you looked at him suspiciously. You didn't say anything though letting gray rug your hand after reluctantly letting go of Zach's to pull you into the show room.

"Parents be aware, this show may be disturbing for smaller children."

The automated announcer spoke over head and you stood there with gray letting him get as close to the glass as he wanted as the giant creature emerged from the greenery. You haven't seen much of any of the shows around here but you really wonder what it's like to be a trainer.

Can't be that different than what Owen does.

Your eyes lingered on the T-Rex as it suddenly let out a roar making the crowd cheer. You wanted to frown a bit, after Christmas was done you'd be back as Claire's assistant working closely with her once again and no longer with Owen. You enjoyed your days together, you wondered would you be this close separated?