Chapter 15 Indominus Rex

You were going to kill him, Owen knew that as soon as he left work for the day sending everyone home early after the incident that had happened. On the bright side he didn't get eaten but he knew when he told you about his day today you'd shout at him in worry that he had run in there to risk his life. But he knew you'd also be impressed.

Wiping the sweat from his brow Owen huffed eyeing the tool in his hand as he knelt down beside his motorcycle just outside his bungalow, trying to fix it. (Well it was running fine earlier this week but he thinks maybe the break's gotten loose...or something like that.)

Owen checked his phone for a moment to see if you had messaged him back after he had sent you a message earlier in the morning. His eyes skimmed over the blue text across his screen. Reading what he typed again seeing that you've seen it but haven't replied to it.

She'll get around to it.

Owen sighed stuffing his phone back into his pocket. He missed you, it wasn't the same not having you by his side for the whole day and to think he'd gave to get used to this when you go back to your old job as Claire's former assistant. Owen sunk down while working on his bike his shoulders slumping considerably. Then an idea popped into his head. What if he asked to have you stay?

After all he was lucky the girls listened to him today so well, and maybe they'd be even better with you around. They have been recently. They'd have to let you stay right? You keep him up to date other wise he'd forget everything if it's not that day. Owen glanced up hope in his eyes that maybe you had driven back your day ending early. But the hope vanished when he saw the familiar polished car in front of him.

Claire stepped out making a face at the dirt road clinging a bit to her heels as she cleared her throat in hopes of gaining Owen's attention.

"What do they want now?" Owen ignored her not even looking up at her, he was still a little pissed how she treated you sometimes.

"Mr. Grady I need you to come take a look at something." Claire shifted on her feet as Owen met her gaze amused.

"Why are you calling me Mr. Grady?" Owen suppressed a smirk as he eyed her.

"Owen," she corrected her self, "if you're not to busy."

"I'm pretty busy." Owen brushed her off working back on his motorcycle.

"We have an attraction." Claire took a step forward and then Owen smirked at her narrowing his eyes tauntingly. (She didn't know the two of you were dating, and from what you told him she still likes him. So he wanted to poke some fun. Even if he'd never go to her in a million years.)

"That's not what you said the last time I saw you." Owen hummed watching as Claire looked flustered rolling her eyes.

"The dinosaurs Mr. Grady." Claire huffed.

"Owen." He corrected.

"A new species we've made." Claire ignored him as he placed all his tools sloppily back where he had gotten them out of.

"You just went and made a new dinosaur?" Owen turned to look at her shocked. Claire only rolled her eyes as if she was speaking to a toddler.

"Yeah, it's uh-kinda what we do here. The exhibit opens to the public in three weeks. Mr. Masrani wanted me to consult with you." Claire sighed through her nose and Owen knew she had to be praying you were here with her to keep him in check. Which was funny you'd probably be egging it on.

"Would you like to consult here or in my bungalow." Owen wiped the oil off his hands with a very used rag watching the expression on Claire's face become a mix between disgusted and restraint. (Which was funny, but if you asked him he'd definitely be pulling all the flirtatious remarks.)