SIDE STORY

Seleno and Juanita friendship

"Seleno, look at this one" masayang lapit ni Juanita sa kaibigang si Seleno. She look at him with a smile at her face while showing the flowers she received from the man she likes.

Seleno felt iritated at the mere of the flowers but his iritation fade when he saw her.

'She really can calm me down'

"Anita, that man is no good for you" he said.

Anita rolled her eyes and then pouts. "Why? He's the best man for me! And besides Seleno, I've been liking him since I can't remember. Don't ruin my fantasies you know"

Seleno get one petal from Juanita's flowers and answered her, "Pardon me for saying this but, I just saw you fantasy kissing some other girl out there"

She showed a shocked expression and can't utter any word. Seleno saw her face and left out a chuckle.

"I really saw him Nita with another girl." He then gets serious. "Don't get your hopes up on him, he's playing with you"

Well, if you just look at me I don't have the intention to that to you.

"By the way Seleno, my mother will be hosting my 16th birthday and she personally told me to invite you. Will you be coming?" She smiled at him and then continued, "My opinion is you are absolutely coming because it's my birthday right?"

He left out a sigh, "I don't have a gift for you Nita, you know I don't money like you do."

"Your presence is enough!" She exclaimed, tired of hearing that things again coming from his mouth.

"Seriously Seleno, you should be considering taking a job right?" She said and then realized something. "Oh I'm sorry, your mother did specifically told you to get a work until you get the age of twenty."

"It's alright, maybe someday I'll get one." Seleno is an illegitimate child and abandoned by his family.

They still look after him while giving him an allowance for one year that can only fit just for 4 months and Juanita who had a good heart since then helped Seleno with other things.

He may be an Oliveros but he isn't treated like one.

"Alejandro?" Juanita asked. "You're Alejandro?"

The man with top knot answered with a smile. "Hey"

"Oh, what a coincidence. Seleno told me about you!"

"Oh? He did?" Alejandro then looked at his step brother and the faced Juanita who's giggling.

'She's cute, I wanna have her'

Alejandro thought of that but felt like Seleno read through his mind and when he face him he was welcomed with his intense glare.

"Don't you dare" Seleno opened his mouth without a sound. Alejandro then smiled and replied, "You can't stop me"

Juanita felt the pressure between them and tried to get their attention.

The gentlemen gaze at her as she tried a different expression in her face. Seleno laughed at her cuteness.

And Alejandro who froze while looking at her felt the urge to keep him for himself.

It's just our first day meeting but why am I feeling this way? He asked himself.

"By the way since you're here Alejandro, might as well invite you to my birthday party."

And that's the first competition between the brothers began.