3.12 - brother's keeper

ivy breathed heavily but hushed as she hid around the corner of the wall, her knife held tightly in her hand

the man slowly edged forward with the shotgun in his hands. he moved slowly like he expected her to jump out at him, but he didn't notice her in plain sight.

once he had moved far enough into the room, ivy lunged at him. she jumped onto his back in hopes to knock him down, but he stood strong, trying to shake her off.

her left arm locked around his neck as she stabbed him. he dropped the shotgun and instead reached for her arm, trying to pry her off. lucky for her, she had found a jacket to protect her wrists.

the man threw himself back against the wall behind him and crushed ivy in the process, causing her to let go of him and try to catch her breath.

"little shit!" he swore, blood covering his teeth as he kicked her

ivy took his boot into her ribs a few times before he stopped to crouch next to her and antagonize her.

"you wanna know what i'm gonna do to you, little girl? i'm gonna cut you up into tiny little pieces, starting from those little toes to-"

ivy jammed her thumb into his eye and pulled herself up. he cried out and tried to pull away, but ended up only helping her to her feet. once she got her balance, she pulled his face down to her level and didn't hesitate to jam the edge of her blade into his skull.

the man fell limp, the momentum of his fall helping her pull out her thumb and knife from his head. she winced for a moment as she caught her breath, grabbing her bruised bones to alleviate some of the pain.

ivy then turned, walking back into the kitchen. she opened the fridge, which sadly didn't work, and checked out her options. water, two bruised apples, a bottle of booze, and something rotting in a green container.

ivy held her gun in her hands, pointing it down at the ground but ready to raise it at someone if needed

ivy held her gun in her hands, pointing it down at the ground but ready to raise it at someone if needed. she moved through the house and made sure to check over her shoulder every few seconds.

she knew each and every corner in that house from the many times she'd visited with the militia. lucky for her, most of the unused rooms were blocked off by the late owner, phil.