Chapter 5

⚠️ Trigger Warning ⚠️

It has been 5 days, yet Harry hasn't woken up. Draco was slowly getting weaker without his mate. Every time Draco had a free period or free time he would visit Harry, saying sorry and why he did what he did. Draco was crying himself to sleep. Pansy, Blaise, Hermione, Andrew, Amelia, Atlas, and Severus were worried for him. Draco also had a lack of sleep and was eating so little now.

It was midnight when Harry woke up, he had thought he died, but he couldn't die. He's the boy that survived the Killing Curse...twice. Harry sat himself up and saw Draco on the couch crying. He was mumbling words that he couldn't hear. Harry got up and almost fell. He was like a baby again when he was trying to walk. Of course the Dursley's were finally happy that he can walk so he can be useful and do chores and cook for them. He walked to Draco, limping.

"Dray?"

"H-Harry? Oh my god I'm glad you are awake!"

Draco got up and hugged Harry as tight as he could. And started to kiss Harry.

"Draco, you have a mate." Harry said, pushing Draco away softly.

"And what if I said you are a mate? The only reason I lied because you'd never accept me."

Harry's eyes widened and stood there.

"I should go, get some rest." Draco said walking away.

Harry walked and tugged on Draco's arm.

"Stay."

"W-what?"

"I said stay. Draco, I have loved you since fourth year. I just didn't accept my feelings for you because I knew Ron wouldn't accept it. So I tried Cho and Ginny to get my mind off you. I liked Ginny, but I loved you. And when you said you had a mate.. I broke."

"Oh Harry?! I'm so sorry."

Draco hugged Harry and kissed his head.

"Harry, I'm going to help you get through your depression. You don't deserve this! I'll help you."

"But you're going to look at me as your 'depressed mate'. Or as the Boy-Who-Lived. I-"

"I see you as Harry. I don't see you as any of that shit. Okay?"

Harry put his head on Draco's chest and started to sob. Draco carried Harry to the couch and started to rub his back.

"Shhh Harry. It's alright. I am right here and I'm not going to leave you." Draco cooed.

After a few minutes Harry breathing calmed down. Then there was a soft breathing and Draco laid down. Harry was on top of him. Soon Draco slept from the soft snores coming from Harry.

Snape had come back from his lab and went to his office. He was tired from cleaning the cauldrons that Seamus had blown up and from grading essays from the students and the detention Ron had.

He opened his office to see Draco and Harry sleeping. He put his books down on the table, just a little bit too loud. Just a title bit to startle the two boys.

"Shit." Snape said.

"What the hell was that?" Harry said.

"Watch your language, Mr. Potter." Snape grinned.

"Dad??"

Harry got up and hugged his father.

"I'm sorry."

"Shhh child. You don't have to apologize. You were just in a bad mind set."

Draco smiled at the sight. He wished he had this relationship with his father. Instead it was yelling, but he always had his mother. Yes he knew his father only wanted to protect him from the Dark Lord, but when they had free time they wouldn't do this.