Chapter 1: We're Leaving.

I sat at the dinner table, infuriated. I looked at Holden, my 14 year old brother and told him to go upstairs to his room. He didn't need to hear what was about to be said.

"Mom- if that's what I should even call you anymore.."

"What!?" She snapped. She was leaned up against the stove, her eyes bloodshot from drinking and smoking.

"...I'm leaving. I can't stay anymore. WE can't stay here anymore!" I said, trying to keep my calm.

"And what the hell makes you think you can just up and leave!? Who the hell would wanna take you damn kids in anyway!?" She laughed at the last part then rolled her eyes and took a sip of her drink.

"I'm tired of coming home to a drunk mother. I'm tired of having a mother that doesn't love or even care about her own children. Ever since Dad died all you do is put us down! I've already talked to our cousin Sam in La Push and he said he would be happy to take me and Holden in!" My voice cracked, and tears streamed down my face.

"I don't care what you do. LEAVE." She walked to the front door and opened it, standing in the doorway.

"Call him right now. Tell him to pick you up at the airport in Seattle. Do it. See what it's like without me. I'll drop y'all stupid asses off at the airport right now!!!" She yelled from the doorway.

I was sobbing by now, and ran upstairs to get Holden ready to leave.