Chapter 5: My name is Alexa.

Alexa's p.o.v.

Sam pulled in the gravel driveway. Out ran 5 familiar and unfamiliar faces. I scanned them. I recognized only 1 of the guys standing there. Jacob.

Someone opened my car door for me. "So you just gonna sit there and drool? I know we're hot but really, it's not nice to stare!" The guy said, joking obviously. I looked over and he winked. "Paul" he stuck out his hand. I thought he stuck out his hand so I could shake it, but instead he kissed my outstretched hand and helped me out of the truck. Well. He wasn't a shy one that's for sure. He led me over to the group of guys laughing and wrestling around with each other.

"Alright Alexa, that's Embry, Quil, Jared, and that, my friend is Jacob Black. But I think you've met him already." Paul said nudging my side and winked again. He was such a joker. "Uhh, y-yeah, we met earlier at school bu-" I started.

"Oh we know! We heard all about!" Said the one named Jared, I think.

I started turning a bright red. I was kind of flattered in a way. It seemed as though Jacob liked me. But if he liked me why would he just run off like that? I looked at Jacob's face and he was blushing big time. It was kind of cute.

"Alright guys! Lunch is rea-" Emily said as she walked out onto the front porch. Before the poor girl was even finished talking the guys had already ran inside like mad animals! I was left in the dust. Emily and I made eye contact and busted out laughing at what had just happened.

I walked inside to find the guys attacking a plate stacked with hamburgers. I saw a glimpse of Holden somewhere in there. I wasn't really that hungry, so I just sat down in a seat between Jacob and Paul. I could feel someone staring at me and my head snapped up. There was girl sitting at the end of the table mugging me like I had just killed her pet cat or something! I hadn't recognized her.

"That's Leah. She's a joy to be around. Can't you tell?" Jacob had leaned over and whispered in my ear. His hot breath hitting my neck gave me chills. I turned my head toward him and smiled. "Don't let her bother you too much, she has something against everyone." He had leaned over again and whispered in my ear. It gave me chills once again.

"So Lexi, you ready for that bon fire tonight?" Paul said elbowing me.

He called me Lexi. I slowly got up and left the table. Tears starting to stream down my face. By the time I made it up the stairs, I was bawling. I heard someone call my name but I didn't care to see who it was. Probably Holden. I slammed my door and locked it. I flopped on my bed and just let everything out. I hated it when people called me Lexi. My name is ALEXA not Lexa or Lexi or Lex or Alex. Alexa. The only person who ever called me Lexi was my dad. But he died a few years ago from a heart attack. It was such a surprise. He had never had heart troubles. I remember it hit my mom hard. That's when she started to get into drugs and alcohol...

I missed him. I missed my dad so much. He understood me. He always did. He would take me and Holden to La Push every summer for a few weeks to visit. After his death, it all stopped. The visits here stopped. I truly believe that he is still here. He's somewhere and I'm determined to find him in me somehow. And being here will help me do that.

There was a knock at my door. I kept quiet. But it still opened.

"Alexa?"