Chapter 3: This is it?

I woke up to the smell of fresh pancakes filling my nostrils. My eyes fluttered open and I was blinded by the sun. I reached for my phone off my nightstand to check the time. 9:26. I slowly made my way out of bed and decided to have a little fun...

I slowly opened up Holden's door to see him sound asleep. He was so adorable sometimes. Oh well, I guess I'll just gently wake him up..

I hopped onto his bed and started jumping while singing "Holdy! It's time to get up! Wake up sleeping beauty! We have FOOD!"

"Food!? Where!? Get the hell off me!" He said in confusion. I busted out into a fit of laughter and then raced him down the stairs.

"Well! Looks like we're happy this morning!" Emily said, laughing lightly.

We ate pancakes and before I knew it, Holden was out cold, sleeping again. Sam said to just leave him here and he would take me down to the high school.

We pulled up to the school and got out of Sam's truck. It was a really small school..

"This is it?.." I said walking aside Sam.

We walked through the double doors looking for the office. I was walking and looking down at my phone at the same time when I ran into something. Something hard. My phone flew out of my hands and slid across the hallway. I looked up and saw a guy with a shocked look on his face.

"I am so sorry! I should have seen you walking but-" He started but I cut him off.

"No it's fine! It was my fault I wasn't watching where I was going." I played it off.

I looked around for Sam but he must have found the office. I looked back at the guy and he was staring at me. I stood there awkwardly looking down.

"What's your name?" I asked curiously.

"Jacob Black" he answered.

My jaw dropped. Is this really him? It can't be... He's so, different now. Does he not recognize me?

"Is there a problem?" He asked, he looked offended and I felt kind of bad.

"No! No problem. But, do you not remember me? Alexa?" I said with hope.

JACOB'S P.O.V.

"No! No problem. But, do you not remember me? Alexa?"

All the memories flooded back to me. She would come down every summer to visit Sam. We used to be best friends.. I liked her for so long, but then she just stopped coming to La Push and I eventually forgot about her.

I looked up at her and she met my gaze. I looked straight into her beautiful hazel eyes and it happened. I imprinted. Holy shit.

I stuttered, "Fulton? A-Alexa Fulton?"

She nodded. I didn't know what to do. So I ran. I just ran through the double doors and kept going. I phased when I reached the trees.